Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I'll get this discussion kicked off for 2023. My brother and I are headed to Laconia in June for the 100th. This will be our first visit to Laconia and New Hampshire. I have been reading through previous Laconia posts for routes to ride and things to do. I have found a few things. What am I missing? Any recommendations? Where are the music venues?

I did order the E-Zpass for many of the the toll roads along the route from Colorado.

Kangamangus Highway, 21 Tips for Driving the Kancamagus Highway, NH - New Hampshire Way
Mt. Washington, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Washington
Weirs Beach, (rally ground zero), Home | WEIRS BEACH - WHERE LAKE WINNIPESAUKEE BEGINS
Ride around Lake Winnipesaukee, Drive Around Lake Winnipesaukee - The Loop Drive Lake Winnipesaukee
Scenic Gypsy Tours; Leave from Rally Headquarters on Lakeside Avenue in Weirs Beach
Run up thru Franconia Notch to Littleton (stop at The Coffee Pot)

· Premium Member
2022 Road Glide Special
24 Posts
Here's a decent day ride for you.

Take Rt 3 out of Weirs beach and head to Meredith. Grab 25 and head toward Rt 16. Go left on 16 and head north toward the Conways. Stop in North Conway and stretch legs. After that continue north on 16 to Mount Washington Auto Road. Head to summit if you like. Then continue north on 16 until you get to Rt. 2. Go left on 2 and follow to Rt 115. Go left on 115 and follow to Rt 3. Bang left on 3 and follow to Rt 302. Go left on 302 and follow to town of Bartlett. Once in Bartlett take a right onto Albany ave. Albany turns into Bear Notch Road. Follow Bear Notch to Kancamagus Highway. Go left on the Kanc and head back to Rt 16. Go right on 16 and head south to you get to 25 (** info below**). Go right on 25 and head back to Meredith.

You may be closing in on dinner time toward the end of that ride. If you’re hungry theirs a decent BBQ joint at the intersection of Rt 25 and Rt 16 called Yankee Smokehouse.

Do the whole Kancamagus Highway a seperate day. Maybe do that the day you do Franconia Notch.

Enjoy the trip! I'll be up there myself for a few days.

· Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Take Rt 3 out of Weirs beach and head to Meredith. Grab 25 and head toward Rt 16. Go left on 16 and head north toward the Conways. Stop in North Conway and stretch legs. After that continue north on 16 to Mount Washington Auto Road. Head to summit if you like. Then continue north on 16 until you get to Rt. 2. Go left on 2 and follow to Rt 115. Go left on 115 and follow to Rt 3. Bang left on 3 and follow to Rt 302. Go left on 302 and follow to town of Bartlett. Once in Bartlett take a right onto Albany ave. Albany turns into Bear Notch Road. Follow Bear Notch to Kancamagus Highway. Go left on the Kanc and head back to Rt 16. Go right on 16 and head south to you get to 25 (** info below**). Go right on 25 and head back to Meredith.

You may be closing in on dinner time toward the end of that ride. If you’re hungry theirs a decent BBQ joint at the intersection of Rt 25 and Rt 16 called Yankee Smokehouse.

Do the whole Kancamagus Highway a seperate day. Maybe do that the day you do Franconia Notch.

Thanks Ed, I appreciate the pointers. I do have Kancamagus Highway mapped out, and looks interesting. I'll map out your directions above. Also, thanks for the BBQ recommendation! Any music venues recommended? I found the Sucker Punch Saloon (no posts yet on performances) which is near where we are staying.

· Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Does this route capture your directions above? https://maps.harley-davidson.com/share/rides/4BUqeFr--

· Premium Member
2022 Road Glide Special
24 Posts
I'm sorry I don't have any music venue suggestions. Also, the map link you have won't open for me. Lastly, I second Hurricane Mountain Road.

· Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm sorry I don't have any music venue suggestions. Also, the map link you have won't open for me. Lastly, I second Hurricane Mountain Road.
Thanks for checking the link. Don't know why Harley Ride Planner doesn't work, but oh well. Looking out the window at the snow that has been on the roofs in the neighborhood and on the ground for the past 6-weeks. Can't wait for Spring, much less June!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts