Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
So far looks like Mt Washington is a must see. Also looks like a nice ride around Lake Winnipesaukee? Is there anything else I'm missing?
Yep, did both of those when I was there in 2013. Mt Washington was cool. Lots of cool roads up there. We stayed at a place right by the main drag. Sorry I don't remember. Plan on rain too.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
weir's beach is like main st. in sturgis, but about half as many bikes.
lotsa vendors and entertainment.

there are scenic gypsy tours that take place that i would strongly recommend.

don't know about lodging. stayed at a friend's house.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Mt Washington is about the only thing I found exciting there. I'm probably the exception but I find bike weeks to be boring. Too many people. I guess if you're partier, they're good. I'm like a 90 year old man: up at 5am and in bed by 10pm so that part of it doesn't appeal to me. I usually go to places where bike weeks are held but when bike week isn't in session. Get to do the rides without the congestion. The hotels are ½ the price too.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Yeah, been going since 1988, same ole thing at the Wears. Best thing is the riding for me. You can hit parts of Maine and Vermont. Mt Washington has two days only open to motorcycles during the rally, which is cool. If you catch a clear day the view is wicked nice. No more “Man in the mountain” he had a stroke some time back... slid right off the side of the perch he was on...Oh, and, bring rain gear. Rain is always a big part of the Laconia experience...LOL

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
816 Posts
So far looks like Mt Washington is a must see. Also looks like a nice ride around Lake Winnipesaukee? Is there anything else I'm missing?
Kangamangus Highway is a box checker ride. Been over it 4 times on a bike, twice each direction over the years. West to east is more scenic I think. Run up thru Franconia Notch to Littleton (stop at The Coffee Pot if it still there for yellow linoleum and chrome diner nostalgia) 301 to Bath (big ass covered bridge to ride thru) then take the left turn back toward Lincoln, Then over the Kanc to N Conway.
Laconia is like the county fair, same ppl doing the same thing in the same place, only thing changes is the date on the tee shirt. Not crapping on it, just been there a few times, seen it a few times. Rather ride someplace now.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I'm probably the exception but I find bike weeks to be boring.
Not the only one. I did Daytona for the 50th and haven't been back during the rally.
I've never done the Sturgis Rally but have been to the Black Hills both before and after the rally. Any time I go to a rally I walk around for a few hours and I'm ready to ride.
I just don't care for waiting in line for a burger, drink and bathroom. Give me the open road and choice of any hotel I run into and I'm pretty content.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts