Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Winn A Bay cabins in Alton Bay. Its about 12 miles from the Weirs and decent. They run about 75 per night for a little cabin. Showers are not in the rooms but a toilet and sink are. Its a cool little shack to sleep for a few nights. You can also have a fire in the common area if you want to.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Tmd, what kind of digs are you looking for? I live there on weekends and can make some good referrals. The closer to the madness, the more it will cost.
The Naswa Resort would be my pick, as my inlaws stay there when up to visit. I might be a little biased tho, as I've also been their DJ/host for bike week since 98. www.Naswa.com
Let me know the type, proximity and budget and I'll give you some ideas.

·
Registered
302 Posts
The NASWA is awesome. But, with rally less than two weeks away, finding any place within 10 miles is probably very difficult.

Note about approaching the "strip". Look up the NASWA. You want to approach passing that location, which runs along the side of Paugus Bay. Driving in from North, or South backs up. At peak times, over a mile of stop and go. Unless you are early in the day, or after 7pm, park in the paid lot as you cross over the bridge on your right. The "coffee" people take up most of the "strip" parking early in the day. Plus, getting off the strip is a big circle, that you need to know how to get out of, without getting into the south bound traffic jam. (At Spoke traffic lights, go straight, left at next stop sign, then find your destination from there).

The business owners there are all in "associations". If you see a "no vacancy" online, call a couple of them anyway. Will probably have a friend that has a vacancy.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
The NASWA is awesome. But, with rally less than two weeks away, finding any place within 10 miles is probably very difficult.

Note about approaching the "strip". Look up the NASWA. You want to approach passing that location, which runs along the side of Paugus Bay. Driving in from North, or South backs up. At peak times, over a mile of stop and go. Unless you are early in the day, or after 7pm, park in the paid lot as you cross over the bridge on your right. The "coffee" people take up most of the "strip" parking early in the day. Plus, getting off the strip is a big circle, that you need to know how to get out of, without getting into the south bound traffic jam. (At Spoke traffic lights, go straight, left at next stop sign, then find your destination from there).
That's all good info.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts