Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Shark of the Month October 13
7,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Laconia Meet and Greet Saturday at 11:00 a.m.

Anyone interested in having a casual "Meet and Greet" in Laconia?

Since a lot of us will only be there for the weekend, I was thinking we could get together on Saturday the 16th. How about 11:00 a.m. at Sawyers Dairy Bar - a typical fried clams / lobster roll / burger / home made ice cream take out stand.

Sawyer's Dairy Bar
(603) 293-4422 (www.sawyersnh.com)
1933 Lake Shore Rd, Gilford, NH 03249

It's conveniently located on Rte 11 near/at the intersection of Rte 11 (Lake Shore Rd.) and Rte 11B (Weirs Beach Rd.) just across the Laconia city line in Gilford.

We could get to meet a few fellow tank members, check out the bikes, and grab a quick lunch or ice cream if so inclined.

Spouses, girlfriends, and friends welcome.

·
Registered
958 Posts
I will definitely try and make it, we will be ther the whole week - great place to meet.......

·
Registered
918 Posts
Not sure just what day I'll be riding over....
All will depend on my work schedule and the weather....
I do a day ride.... leave here @ 5am and arrive @ 10:30am.
I'll get my fill of the place by mid afternoon and head home....

With my work schedule, its hard to set specific days or times.

·
Registered
656 Posts
I'm there Wed the 13th through Sun the 17th.

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
I may leave at 6am that morning and come up for the day. Done it before, a little over 4 hours, but a nice ride. I'll let you guys know as it gets closer.

·
Registered
350 Posts
goin down on weds the 13th for the day! weekends are too much of a zoo!! born in laconia and know that town like the back of my hand! my parents had a summer home close to sawyers. spent alot of summers there in la! great place in the summer, pretty low key the other 3 seasons. i rememeber and have pics from the old days when the party was on both sides of the road from laconia to loudon! alot has changed since those days! enjoy the area if ur not from around there. mountains, lakes, and the ocean all within a few hours with lots a great ridin!!!

·
7,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
goin down on weds the 13th for the day! weekends are too much of a zoo!! born in laconia and know that town like the back of my hand! my parents had a summer home close to sawyers. spent alot of summers there in la! great place in the summer, pretty low key the other 3 seasons. i rememeber and have pics from the old days when the party was on both sides of the road from laconia to loudon! alot has changed since those days! enjoy the area if ur not from around there. mountains, lakes, and the ocean all within a few hours with lots a great ridin!!!
I too remember the days of camping out elbow to elbow along Rte 106. It became a whole different event when they stopped the camping and made everyone chose hotels, motels, and cabins. It decentralized everyone - which I think was their goal. The roadside camping years were good times but maybe a little too wild at times. ;)

·
7,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
See you Saturday at 11:00 a.m. at Sawyers Dairy Bar for the meet and greet.

·
Registered
277 Posts
What happened to the meet and greet on Saturday? Got there around 1125 or so and no one there. Was looking forward to meeting all.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
There was no road glides in the parking lot? How long did you hang around? I had a graduation party in Hampton. 58F gray damp and cold on the coast all day even though the weatherman said sunny and warm. I had put on my rain jacket as a wind breaker under my sweatshirt astay warm on the glide.

·
7,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Two of us were there around 10:30, a third came right at 11:00. We hung around until just about 11:25 and then went our own way thinking that no one else was going to show up. We figured that it was such a gorgeous day that everyone blew us off to go riding.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Must have just missed all of you. Got a late start in the morning, got to Sawyers about 1130 or so. Can always try again next year!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts