Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Shark of the Month October 13
6,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All right, let's get this over with right away - I don't have any pics to post as I forgot the camera at home.

I was there from Friday through Sunday and it was "Chamber of Commerce" weather. Bright blue skies and temps in the high 70s low 80s. Those who were there all week said it was the best weather for bike week that they could remember.

The only negative I experienced was that if you wanted to get to the Weirs or to all the vendors set up at Laconia HD in Meridith, you had very long lines of stop and go traffic ... mostly stopped. This is always an issue but seemed to be worse this year than most. It was 'well done' inner thighs all around! Traffic everywhere else I went was fine.

There were a lot of Road Glides present. I didn't see any that were radically modified, but I also didn't get to attend any of the official bike shows as they were done by the time I got there.

Met Ed ("Laconia" on here) and his wife at the 11:00 meet and greet at Sawyers. We both were there early at 10:30. Another terrific couple from PA whose name escapes me at the moment came at 11:00. She may be riding her own Can-Am by now as she couldn't wait to go demo one across the street. We checked out each other's bikes and left at 11:25 as we figured that is was such a nice day for riding that everyone blew off the meet and greet. I guess at least a couple others did show up just minutes after we left.

Great weather, great attendance, and a great time. Next year will be huge, as it will be the 90th Anniversary of the event. Maybe I'll even remember to bring the camera for that one ...

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Glad you had a nice time.

Laconia is on my bucket list...someday...

·
Registered
616 Posts
The wife and I were there the 1st weekend. It was beautiful weather! Next year we plan on staying for the whole week.

I really couldn't believe how many sharks were around. They were as plentiful as the Batwings.

Glad you enjoyed yourself. Maybe next years shark week could be the same time as Laconia and held up there as well...........

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
Sounds like good times... Glad you enjoyed it. And yea, next year take your freakin camera dude. Some of us have to live through you folks vicariously since the "major" bike events are NO WHERE NEAR the PNW. :D

Rowdy

·
Registered
816 Posts
I was there Friday and Saturday, little bit Sunday before we headed back.

I was counting Roadglides, quit when I went past 250. Lots of them out there now.

Sorry I didnt make the MNG, the road was a parking lot to the Weirs, so we left Merideth went to Waterville Valley and Lincoln for lunch, went down later in the evening to the Weirs ( still a parking lot) and then to the Spoke for the evening.

Road to Weirs Beach

Beach

part of the back parking lot at the Broken Spoke

·
Registered
958 Posts
Great week - great weather, and a lot of sharks :D- nice to meet a couple of members - hopefully it becomes a yearly thing, maybe next year we could meet at the base of the mountain and do the ride to the sky!!!

Will post a couple of pitchers as soon as I get back to the computer.......

·
Registered
250 Posts
I was up there with the wife Thurs til Sun. Was planning on going to the mng but we wer both in a delicate state Sat morning. I will try and get some pix posted.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts