Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking of maybe going to Laconia bike week this year. Who has been there and what did you think? How was the riding in the area? Any thoughts or tips would be appreciated ...Thanks

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Shark Week V in Texas

Fill in some southern states on your avatar map! :cool:

·
Registered
493 Posts
Laconia is great. I'm the host/DJ of a lot of activities there, including the bike week bikini contest. Search the post from last year about places to stay, etc.

DJ Terry Moran

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
I've been several times and there is great riding in the area. Make sure to visit Smugglers Notch during your travels.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I go just about every year. The locals call it "Rainconia" for obvious reasons. We stay at the Yogi Bear Campground not too far from Weirs Beach, where most of the vendor displays are set up. Be sure to take the auto-road and climb Mt Washington and a clear day.

·
Registered
875 Posts
I live 20 mins from weirs beach. Right were it all happens!
Need any info don't be afraid to ask. We do rides into Maine also. 4 hours from Canada if you really want to mix it up.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
'Been to Laconia 3x, have really enjoyed everything about the rally!

Great Riding in the White Mtns. and The Kank!

Also really enjoy the Hillclimbs, and the vintage races.

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Jah, Laconia is nice but the weather sucks. I've been there 4 times, expect some rain. I stopped going after the last 2 times we went the cops were busting chops with check points measuring bars, checking for baffles in exhaust etc. they also have certain road closures just to slow things down, hard to go anywhere on bike during rally. Better off parking bike where your staying at and walk around

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
I don't go because of the cops. Years ago they were terrible, looks like things haven't changed much.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I am heading there this year first time. What's this bar height law you talk about, cops checking.... Never heard of such a thing. How does it work?

·
Registered
875 Posts
Shoulder height
I have 18s and never been pulled over
We do Roadglide org rides out of here every year.
We try to set a rides date on forum and it's worked out well.
Bike week if tough as everybody has another direction to go but seam to get 10-20 of us together ever year

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
Charlotte 2017 RG Special
440 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Been going with a group for the last 30 odd years. As my friends got older and moved to Fl, and other warmer climes, having been going solo for just one day. Back in the "old" days Laconia was a blast - all the traffic, bikes, girls and mucho fun. The cops did have a bad attitude and some set very poor examples of what a cop should be. The bad old days changed when a new mayor came in who also rode HDs. IMO, the cops are now much better - not looking to cause problems (after all, the dollars that flow bike week keeps this small NH town in the green), and don't think every guy/gal who rides is a murderer/rapist. They also changed the traffic patterns which led to much quieter nights (not so much fun!). Weather can be as hot as Hades or as cold and wet as you can take it. Tough getting a room near all the action as they are typically booked every year by the same groups. Great roads, bars, restaurants and scenery. All in all, well worth attending!

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Been going with a group for the last 30 odd years. As my friends got older and moved to Fl, and other warmer climes, having been going solo for just one day. Back in the "old" days Laconia was a blast - all the traffic, bikes, girls and mucho fun. The cops did have a bad attitude and some set very poor examples of what a cop should be. The bad old days changed when a new mayor came in who also rode HDs. IMO, the cops are now much better - not looking to cause problems (after all, the dollars that flow bike week keeps this small NH town in the green), and don't think every guy/gal who rides is a murderer/rapist. They also changed the traffic patterns which led to much quieter nights (not so much fun!). Weather can be as hot as Hades or as cold and wet as you can take it. Tough getting a room near all the action as they are typically booked every year by the same groups. Great roads, bars, restaurants and scenery. All in all, well worth attending!

Glad it's better now, been several years since we went last . It was bad back then, if you had 18" bars you'd get a ticket if you got stopped at one of several check points. I can see if your riding like an Ass, but we were not. You go to these places and spend a ton of $, no need to hassle us over minor things. Maybe I'll have to give it a shot again since it's the closest to ralley to me.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Just a follow up comment about handlebars ... I have seen guys pull their extra-tall bars back towards them effectively lowering them if there's a chance of being pulled over. I guess they loosen the clamp for that very reason.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts