Road Glide banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Road Glide Limited
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone enjoy boat time on lakes? We love to grill and chill on Lake Lanier about an hour north of Atlanta. It takes away a ton of my riding time. A shit-ton. But I love it.

Attachments

·
ICON
9,402 Posts
Had Ski Boats in my younger years......moved away from Water so to speak and kind of lost that chapter in life - Do mis it thou.....use to love waking up at 6a to hit the water by 6:15a when it was clear as glass - Had a decked out Tooner as well...22 Ft.....simpler times before Kids and all

·
Administrator
13,736 Posts
Guy I used to ride with lived up there , prolly long since dead now ...

Love the water and grew up on the river , boats always been too spendy of a hobby for me ..

JtB

·
Registered
468 Posts
Hah! I grew up on Lake Lanier.....wife & I grew up in Forsyth county. My dad used to launch at Mary Alice Park and wife & I would launch at Tidwell off of Pilgrim Mill. Memories.

Yes, kayaking takes up a large part of my summer + bicycling + hiking. We're searching for another boat this year and will likely spend much of this summer boating. You get it! I get it! Good on you.

·
Premium Member
2018 FLTRX
1,481 Posts
Very nice.
I live on LOZ mm81.
A couple of my neighbors and I hit the skis a couple times a weeks and do 60-100miles bar hopping. Damn good time.
also take the toons down river to eat when theirs spouses wanna go.

live for the summer. The Glide and the SVHO.

enjoy and be safe

·
Administrator
2008 FLTRU 105th Anniversary w/ 110"
5,310 Posts
I love being on the lake on someone elses' boat, I just don't want the costs to upkeep; I'll buy the beer, food, and gas and then walk away. Great pics.

·
Registered
2021 RG special in Snake Venom
2,410 Posts
No lakes here, but we have the gulf. I have a couple buds with boats. 1 = center console 22ft, the other 38ft with twin diesels. With the price of gas and fuel they havent teken them out much. Bud filled the 38ft up with fuel a couple weeks ag, $1800. It gets 1.7 miles per gallon.
Best kind of boat, one thats owned by a friend. Slide some gas money, help clean up when we get back, go home.

·
Registered
4,359 Posts
We want to live on a lake, or Amy body of water, when we retire.

Love to be able to relax. I love boats, as long as they are not mine. Lol

But hey. If it works for you, it's great!

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,532 Posts
Watching all my buddies on the lake I soon realized Boat means bank on another thousand. My bike is expensive enough for me

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
had a waverunner for a few years that was a blast.
closest thing to a bike i've ever experienced.
ran aground in it at around 45 mph. good thing the bike had built up my arms.
now i couldn't afford to put fuel in it.

·
Registered
2020 FLTRXS Scorched Orange/Silver Flux
247 Posts
Grew up within a 1/2 mile of Lake Texoma on the Oklahoma/Texas border. I used to tell people that I was born with one foot in the water. Spent much of my youth somewhere on the lake either fishing,swimming,skiing or riding my dirt bike (TS185 Suzuki) around the beaches. Live 1/4 mile from it now and haven't been in the water in 30 years since my kids were little. The water always messed up my sinuses so as an adult I never cared to get back in it. Got to where I don't even care for the smell (nasty if the lake is turning over) of the lake when crossing over it on a bridge near my house. I don't drink so hanging out with a bunch of drunk folks is no longer my cup of tea either. Glad someone likes to do it though as our local economy depends heavily on tourists dropping lots of cash in the surrounding businesses during the summer. Living near a lake makes for more places to get non-ethanol gas too.

·
Registered
2020 RGS River Rock Gray
812 Posts
Grew up a River Rat on the Scenic St. Croix. Spent many days there or on the Mississippi cruising or skiing or tubing Right now, I am working for a dock company doing their sales system administration, but have spent most of this spring on pontoons installing docks and Lifts due to shortage of workers. Would love a place on the lake, but I do understand that old adage: A boat is a hole in the water that one throws money into...

Reactions: DanHappy

·
Registered
2020 Road Glide Limited
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Well alrighty then, I take it as a NO to my original question. I don't blame any of you one bit. I took a 15 year break from the water, then a couple years ago returned to the water with this, my second one. The first one was justified because my kids were young and I couldn't take off solo on the motorcycle frequently anymore. Boat time with the kids replaced bike time without.

I gassed up on Saturday. I didn't fill up but put $300 in each tank, ouch. The gas pump shuts off at 3 bills. Load the card into the gas pump and max it to even out the second tank.

On Sunday I took the Glide to Suches in the mountains, it was a beautiful weekend, both nice days.

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts