Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was a dummy and put the wrong web address in the first thread, so it got deleted because it went to a fake address. The web address for them is:
www.langlitz.com

Great company, great service, outstanding product that is made in the U.S.A. A bit pricey, but they stand by their product. Do some research about that. I did a lot, because they are expensive, and because I had to do the sizing over the phone. I wanted to make sure that if I paid for something that didn't fit, I wasn't just going to be stuck with it.

The website sucks...but they get back to you by phone or e-mail very quickly. I got a catalog sent to me from them. I also looked around online for pictures of jackets people had made for them. I really wouldn't have bought one just based on their pics on their website. I can try and post some pics of the one I got when I am home next, if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Interesting..

Just finished browsing through their website products. definitely not what you call recent web design but they do seem to have some good workmanship in some of their leathers.

This shot of a police motorcycle cop's cruiser was a treat to see and unique :

I like the Western pants in lieu of the chaps...I might consider these:

***Edit***
On the "Contact US" link of their site they do recommend using the phone rather than email for better service.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Langlitz Leathers is an icon here in the Northwest - they've been around a long time, and from all I have heard, they do high quality work. Would like to have some of their products some day.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Langlitz is in Portland, Oregon and about a mile from my office. Great leathers, but pretty expensive. I have not been in for a couple of years, but back then a custom jacket was like $700 up depending on leather type, size and features. They also sell pre owned and returns.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Langlitz Leathers Rocks

Back in 1988 a cute blonde named Rachel took me into Langlitz knowing I was into motorcycles. 27 years later I barely remember anything about her but I still own my Langlitz jacket, wallet and hat I have bought over the years. Someday I am flying back and getting fitted for a whole new outfit, pants and jacket, until then I will just remember that wonderful smell of that great Portland shop.:D

·
Registered
260 Posts
They have been around since the late 40's. I bought a jacket from them when I was 18. 420 bucks back them for a custom tailored Columbia. 700 bucks 30 years later sounds about right. I believe they are still in the same little shop on 24th and Division.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts