Road Glide banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CVO Roadking, OE tires badly cupped at 7000 miles. Not happy, as Dunlop or HD will do nothing. I check my pressure weekly. My other bike, 2015 RGS has over 10,000 miles and tires are still good.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,189 Posts
I use American Elite Dunlops with no cupping , dynabeads in the rear and ride on in the front , my OEM's both cupped really bad too ..
Yup, same here. Something about those HD Dunnys are hit or miss.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Yours is worse than mine did - but that's why I went to Michelin commander IIs. Over 18k on them & still got miles left on both front & back.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Not to hi-jack this thread, but I'm about to order tires.. Mine did the same as above... Any thoughts on replacment rubber?? I was thinking Avon..

-G

·
Registered
699 Posts
At least now, we have a choice with the CVO sizes. When my first set of tires wore out, there was nothing available in the correct size and load range except the factory Dunflops. Hated paying that much for tires I knew were going to suck in a few thousand miles.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I had problems with Dunlop's on my EGU. Cupping, noise after moderate wear and mild wobbles. Switched to Michelin Commander II and will not use anything else in the future. Quiet, wear like iron, stable tracking. I thought someone retooled the suspension. I rode from NS to Sturgis and back via Nashville/Tail of the Dragon with no visible wear. We had our share of rain/storms and they stuck like glue. I cannot say enough about them. The local dealership brought them in and did the install. When it is time to change the tires on my current new ride, they will be CIIs. I know other folks have great experiences with other makes and Michelin are not the only good tires but mine is a positive experience.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I had problems with Dunlop's on my EGU. Cupping, noise after moderate wear and mild wobbles. Switched to Michelin Commander II and will not use anything else in the future. Quiet, wear like iron, stable tracking. I thought someone retooled the suspension. I rode from NS to Sturgis and back via Nashville/Tail of the Dragon with no visible wear. We had our share of rain/storms and they stuck like glue. I cannot say enough about them. The local dealership brought them in and did the install. When it is time to change the tires on my current new ride, they will be CIIs. I know other folks have great experiences with other makes and Michelin are not the only good tires but mine is a positive experience.
Maybe I'm misunderstanding this, but I saw a you tube video about the Michelin Commmander II that indicated that the tire, when mounted with the arrow facing in the direction of rotation, channels the water to the middle of the tire. Maybe the video I saw was just a manufacture defect that has be corrected. I don't know.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrmHO_LVtZNe8iq0zxJaQtg

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Not to hi-jack this thread, but I'm about to order tires.. Mine did the same as above... Any thoughts on replacment rubber?? I was thinking Avon..

-G
I use Avon cobra. They're STICKY!!! Can't speak to longevity but I trust them in the twisties And that's what is most important to me. Most of my riding is in dry weather and I ride it like I stole it. Haven't had the front in the wet yet but I don't ride fast in the rain and I can't believe that any quality tire made today won't handle well enough in the rain if ridden sensibly. So I say go for the Avons. Just my opinion though. Motorcycle superstore has great prices btw.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts