Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me just what the latest boom update has done? Seems a lot of people are having issues bike still in garage from winter. I had no problem doing the update just wondering.
Thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Texasnurse ... not to be a smart ass but I noticed on another thread regarding oil transfer you said that it didn't matter to you because you have a life time warranty. The point here is (I have a 2017 road glide) we have a bike to tour long distances but because of this problem it makes for a worrisome time when it should be exciting and carefree. It sucks that I spent so much money on what I thought was a great investment (my retirement gift to me) only to find this. I have read about this new clutch rod that is the fix and purchased and installed it. Haven't had the bike out yet (winter) but hear it works so fingers crossed. Sorry for high jacking should of replied in that forum. Again thanks for the boom info.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Thanks Texasnurse ... not to be a smart ass but I noticed on another thread regarding oil transfer you said that it didn't matter to you because you have a life time warranty. The point here is (I have a 2017 road glide) we have a bike to tour long distances but because of this problem it makes for a worrisome time when it should be exciting and carefree. It sucks that I spent so much money on what I thought was a great investment (my retirement gift to me) only to find this. I have read about this new clutch rod that is the fix and purchased and installed it. Haven't had the bike out yet (winter) but hear it works so fingers crossed. Sorry for high jacking should of replied in that forum. Again thanks for the boom info.
Ride the bike and if it happens then worry about it. It's not as big of an issue as people are making it out to be.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Ride the bike and if it happens then worry about it. It's not as big of an issue as people are making it out to be.
^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^

Unless you NEVER change oil you will be fine. I know a guy that has the oil issue, he changes fluids at the correct intervals and has not had a problem

1 - 5 of 5 Posts