Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just got back from Century HD Dyno shootout. Since I have a Thundermax I have never had the bike dyno tuned. Therefore I used this as chance to get some hard numbers.
To be frank, I am a little bit disappointed in the numbers, particularly the torque. I had hoped for a little higher numbers. The butt dyno is pretty happy and it seems like the acceleration does not run out.
The tuner did say that if I set my rev limiter higher I would get higher ultimate numbers...

First my stage 1 charts,

Then my new Stage 2 (Tman 555 tq) charts,

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Been going through dyno charts online for 103s with the TMan 555 tq cam and no head work. It appears my hp is just above average and torque is dead average. I also sho the broad flat curve most of the others have.
Therefore I conclude I have no reason to be dissapointed. Actually considering my Thundermax did not require a tune I think I came out ahead on the deal!:D

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Realize too that peak numbers mean nothing. Look at the fact that the 555 cams increased your curve considerably after the peak, carrying almost 20ft/lbs more torque at 6000rpm.
You won't gain much if anything by raising your rev limit, the HP is already going down after 5500rpm.

I'd be interested to see the AFR trace, that may give you a clue as to where you could gain some power.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
those numbers look in line with most cams of this ilk. I agree with above poster tq already dropping so hp is not going to rise with higher rpm limit. Those numbers make for a nice touring set up. I bet it feels good. enjoy.

also if those are not 6th gear runs you will have better numbers if run in 6th gear.

·
Registered
5,324 Posts
You're numbers aren't that far off from my 110 with the stage 1. I had the dealer check the tune at the 15k service and I was at 90 and 110 respectively. My afrs are a little on the lean side most of the range though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts