Road Glide banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This past Saturday six friends departed on a couple of IBA rides. We met up at a Chevron station just off of the interstate in Chandler, fueled up and hit the road at midnight.

We traveled along I-10, stopping for fuel in Benson and Deming before a breakfast stop at Mesilla Valley Kitchen (great place) in Las Cruces, NM.

From there the three ladies (my GF included) headed north on I-25 to complete their Saddle Sore 1000 ride. They turned west on I-40 in Albuquerque and south thru the rim country in AZ at Holbrook.

The three guys rode east from Las Cruces thru Ruidoso and over to Roswell and on to Lubbock, TX. We stopped for a little rest (about 2 hours of shut-eye) at a KOA. Then on up I-27 to Amarillo before catching I-40 to Santa Rosa, Albuquerque and Gallup. Heading west we stood on a corner in Winslow, AZ before heading down thru Pine, Strawberry and Payson back into the valley.

We hauled across town, back to the Chevron station where we started, in time to complete the loop in less than the 36 hours (Bun Burner 1500).

Here is my odometer at the start and finish of the ride.

·
Super Moderator
2,870 Posts
Congratulations, Mr. P. Looks like a great trip you had there. Got my Saddle Sore, so you've inspired me to go for the Bun Burner. Now, if I only had a bike........

1 - 3 of 3 Posts