Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How would you guys rate Le Pera Seats compared to more of the notable brands like Corbin, Saddleman, Mean city cycles etc, daddy long legs? I am 6'00 and 250 lbs. Don't care about passengers just want to look cool and ride long distances without my damn back hurting like on my CBR1000 which kills me after an hour.

·
Registered
5,391 Posts
Lepera has been around 40 years so they know how to make seats.. I have a Maverick and love it.. As far as a seat that both looks cool and can rack up the miles good luck most seats are built for one or the other not both..

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have had a few different LePera seats on a few different bikes, great styling and the comfort isn't horrible.
I have a like new DDL Villain for sale (shameless plug) if interested. Absolutely nothing wrong with it! I wanted that low stretched out feeling and it put me there but a 5'9" with a 30" inseam...it was a bit to long.
Anyways check it out! Good luck on your search!
http://www.roadglide.org/106-parts-sale/344873-lepera-daddy-long-legs-villain-like-new.html

·
Registered
927 Posts
I highly recommend LePera. I have a Monterey solo custom in leather & gel. Have posted previous threads with detailed reviews. IMO LePera is much better than Corbin.

·
Registered
8,826 Posts
Got a Lepera on my Low rider. It's been on there since the mid 90s. Still looks new.

Reactions: Mike U

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks like ill be buying a Le Pera. I need long term comfort for long riding and back pain as I am a disabled Marine Veteran with back issues.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I have a LePera Sorrento with about 25k on it and it looks and rides like new. I highly recommend LePera saddles as well as Corbin, I put about 50k on that seat.

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Looks like ill be buying a Le Pera. I need long term comfort for long riding and back pain as I am a disabled Marine Veteran with back issues.
I have a LePera Maverick Stitched with Backrest on my 2012 Custom and love it.
I couldn't even tell that it wasn't leather when I took it out of the box.
I got a smoking deal on eBay from Eastern Performance.
If you decide on a LePera give eBay a try you may get lucky like me.
Semper Fi Bro!
Mike U.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Ive had 2 LePera's
1 on a Night Train and 1 on my current Road Glide. No issues, no complaints....

Reactions: Mike U

·
Registered
927 Posts
FYI the LePera backrest I have is easy to adjust, easy to add or remove, folds down unlike the Corbin I had, & comfortable

·
Read Only
27 Posts
I've had three LePera seats, one of which I currently have on my 2017 RGS. I had a Villian solo on my 2010 Street Bob and a Sanora Sport solo on my 2012 Switchback. I originally put a Daytona Sport on my 2014 CVO Road King and was able to swap my Daytona Sport with the stock RGS seat and use it on my '17 RGS. I'm a fan! My Daytona Sport has the biker gel and custom stitching. I have a backrest for it that works great and that I use when we travel. As UT_Larry said, the backrest is adjust, add or remove, and it folds down. On trips I remove the backrest after I've unpacked my saddlebags and just lock the backrest in a saddlebag. The Daytona Sport has a fastback look to it that suits the lines of the RGS very well. I like the narrowness of the seat way better than the stock seat width. (I'm a 5'7" woman.) And the deep dish in the back works well for me. I've been impressed at the quality of the seats as well. Expensive but worth it. I have probably about 23K miles on my Daytona Sport and it's doing great. I've also been pleased with LePera's customer service.

·
Registered
150 Posts
tall guy with lower back issues and i've had zero problems with my Lapera daddy long legs. Haven't done a really long trek on it yet but can recommend it highly. Good luck

·
Registered
12 Posts
A little firm compared to stock... after a few 100mi I realized that the firm support for my sit bones was better for the long hawl...

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So if I buy this seat how far will it seat me back? I'm 61 with 40 inch waist. Need to upgrade my handle bars. Is 10 inches to low? Don't want my elbows falling numb/sleep if to high. I rode on a stock seat with 12s inch bars and felt some discomfort on a short ride.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I run a maverick daddy long legs. I’m 6’2” 270 and I have 14 in Malo’s on my scoot. Seat looks great but on long rides I can tell you that I cannot wait for fuel stops if I ride with that seat. TRUTH! I have a seat pad that I use on top of it when I ride long distances. It helps a lot. It it’s me up higher thus putting me in a different riding position. Some guys luck up and get the right seat first time and some like me have been seat shopping spent a lot of loot but still haven’t really found that perfect seat. Good luck bro!

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
How is the Corbin seats for short and long distances?
If people think Le Pera is a hard seat, then Corbins are like iron, and they don't really soften up. Some people like a harder seat and say that they can ride longer (which is counterintuitive), while others like a plush, squishy feel. Sometimes it just takes some getting used to. I've heard that said about harder seats (Le Pera, Corbin, C&C, Saddleman).

My old Kawi Vulcan 1500 had an incredibly plush, squish seat that was comfy as could be... for about 50 miles. At the end of a day riding on it, I would be burning to get off. I didn't bother changing the seat because I didn't tour or go on long rides with it. Not that I have my Shark, I have been riding more and longer. Finding that perfect seat may never happen, but I am hopeful my new Maverick Daddy Long Legs will do the trick. I've yet to ride with it because of the damn weather.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Can anyone tell me the position of the solo Lepera seats? I like that corbin seats you back and down a little. I'm looking for the same position.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts