Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question, I shipping my bike to Minnesota for a three week vacation.
I have a fox creek leather jacket witch is great up in Alaska.
I also have a first gear Kilimanjaro that is great in the rainy season witch is most of the time.
The textile packs down smaller but I love the leather.
With the temps down south do you think I will be wearing a jacket all that much?
We plan on riding in MN,ND,MT,ID,WY,SD and possibly more.
Any comments would be appreciated .

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
I personally prefer textile in wet weather. I don't like to get leather wet.

·
Registered
7,018 Posts
Assuming you are shipping the bike very soon for like the Sturgis rally it will be warm so chances are you will be very hot with the leather on. I'd go textile.

·
Registered
548 Posts
"We plan on riding in MN,ND,MT,ID,WY,SD"

I've ridden those states in August (Sturgis) many times, could be in the 90's and then could be in the 30's. Glad I had my heavy leather and chaps. For example, snow up on Beartooth Pass week after Sturgis, and at the bottom in Red Lodge Montanta, 95 deg. F.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Switched to textile about 10 years ago. However, I have gone back to leather with the new construction options available.

My FXRG jacket has never taken on water and I recently bought some Aerostich Transit Pants that are bonded to GoreTex and perforated to allow them to breath. I wore them during SWV and never got wet or felt like I was in a sauna. Actually, I felt my legs were more protected from the engine heat with the leather than the previous textile materials.

I think the new leather options are at least worth a look. Most of these articles are kind of pricey so I always try to take advantage of sales.

tom

·
Registered
4,692 Posts
I have both textile & leather but I usually have leather and a set of rain gear in my bags on longer rides. Lately I've been wearing a leather shirt my brother gave a while back that I never thought I'd ever wear but it's nice and light for warm weather riding and blocks the wind on cool evenings and mornings. plus I look damn good in it according to my girlfriend, her seeing-eye dog seems to like it as well. :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.