Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be up in GA and probably Maggie Valley next week. Will be leaving my buddies house on the morning of the 9th with another friend of mine, but we have until the 13th-14th to be back home in FL, any suggestions on where to ride to?

Thanks
FM

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Like your new bars, they look good on the bike. :) How do you like them so far?

where you headed, have you decided yet?
Thanks, I LOVE the handlebars. I just got to the hotel room in Southern GA a little while ago. Tomorrow I will be riding to a buddies house in North GA, and Thursday we will be heading to Maggie Valley for a few days, then back to his house for the weekend. Have no clue yet what we're doing Monday. I will see how my butt feels Monday morning and decide from there.

:cool:

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
anywhere you go in that area has nice roads. be sure to go to Wheels Thru Time.
We are heading to MV today and staying a half mile down from there definitely on our to do list.

Few pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Gotta do the Dragon if you are in MV! Also ride into Bryson Ciy
We just arrived at MV will hit the Dragon tomorrow

Couple of pics from today ........

Attachments

·
Registered
248 Posts
Fire-medic......your new seat looks like it turned out really nice. What seat did you give to MCC to work their magic?

Have fun on your trip !

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Well, you're in God's country now. I grew up there in the Appalachian & Blue Ridge Mountains. All good roads with good twisty turns. You are doing the dragon, so take a leisure ride and do the Blue Ridge Parkway - the greatest piece of asphalt in America, unfortunately, the speed limit is 35 mph so you can enjoy the scenery. Go up to Mt. Mitchell, the highest peak east of the Mississippi, some great turns up to the top, even more impressive on the way down. If you need to make time on the slab - I-40W up Black Mountain and on into TN has some great twisties for an interstate highway. Keep sending pics - makes me what to take trip east sooner than my scheduled October run to New England. Ride safe.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well, you're in God's country now. I grew up there in the Appalachian & Blue Ridge Mountains. All good roads with good twisty turns. You are doing the dragon, so take a leisure ride and do the Blue Ridge Parkway - the greatest piece of asphalt in America, unfortunately, the speed limit is 35 mph so you can enjoy the scenery. Go up to Mt. Mitchell, the highest peak east of the Mississippi, some great turns up to the top, even more impressive on the way down. If you need to make time on the slab - I-40W up Black Mountain and on into TN has some great twisties for an interstate highway. Keep sending pics - makes me what to take trip east sooner than my scheduled October run to New England. Ride safe.
I will get more pictures up soon, need to download to the computer. It was very funny riding around through the Nantahala area with people tubing down river along side the road, lol. Thanks for the heads up on places to ride, eagerly awaiting the morning to get out in the twisty's again, far different from the flat roads in South, FL lol.

The biggest adjustment thus far has been fighting the urge sometimes to hit the brakes (instinct) and instead controlling the bike with the throttle and the rpm's of the motor, especially coming into a turn and changing not only directions but starting to go downhill into a new turn from coming out of the previous turn going uphill. Been fun though.

We're at the Holiday Motel, and they're very nice here and biker friendly too.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Slayed the dragon twice today, man that much fun should not be legal lol.

What a great time, got my dragon t shirt with the glide on it and a few other things after we finished.

Eating now outside MV will look for pictures later on the kill boy website but heres a few from the phone.

Attachments

·
Registered
860 Posts
Eating now outside MV will look for pictures later on the kill boy website but heres a few from the phone.
If MV stands for Maggie Valley, make sure to eat at the Salty Dog. They have the best fried oysters!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts