Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friends made it out today. 450 miles to get here for them. We leave at 7 to the local diner for breakfast. Then a few local covered bridges then western pa. Kinzu damn. Then north to Niagara Falls then East to Vermont. If it's early enough into the ride we'll hit NH and ME. Then Massachusetts into Connecticut back into PA and then home for me. I'll get pics. I'm the only one with a good looking bike. Lol.

·
Registered
4,633 Posts
Have a great ride!

If you get a chance try to go around lake Champlain, either NY or Vt side are breathtaking and fantastic roads. Did a roadie up there last month.

Ride safe

·
Registered
4,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'll upload some pics Sunday. We hit Kinzua Damn in PA. Then to a dealership near buffalo NY. Waste of time. Lol. Then on to Niagra falls. From there we went up to Youngstown NY to the old Fort. Then a ride along Lake Ontario. We're at a seedy quality inn in Rochester now. 377 miles today. Hit a lot of traffic near the falls. But had a great day so far. Hit about 30 minutes of rain. I seen it ahead so we pulled over and put the rain gear on. That got me a free dinner. Lol. Tomorrow the destination is Vermont. If we get there early enough were going to hit New Hampshire. Maybe Maine too. No plans.

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
I'll upload some pics Sunday. We hit Kinzua Damn in PA. Then to a dealership near buffalo NY. Waste of time. Lol. Then on to Niagra falls. From there we went up to Youngstown NY to the old Fort. Then a ride along Lake Ontario. We're at a seedy quality inn in Rochester now. 377 miles today. Hit a lot of traffic near the falls. But had a great day so far. Hit about 30 minutes of rain. I seen it ahead so we pulled over and put the rain gear on. That got me a free dinner. Lol. Tomorrow the destination is Vermont. If we get there early enough were going to hit New Hampshire. Maybe Maine too. No plans.
If you go the northern route across those three states, make sure you check out Mt Washington.

·
Registered
4,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If you go the northern route across those three states, make sure you check out Mt Washington.
I've been there a few times. Before his face fell off. Lol. The one guy with us would absolutely not go up the mountain. So we took the southern rt. Rt. 9. Beautiful ride over the mountains.

·
Registered
4,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Checkin in from Big Moose Harley in Portland ME.

Now to find lobster.

·
Registered
4,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
On our way to VT

US 5 at the falls. Me on the left.

Preferred parking in VT

·
Registered
4,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
My buddies 15 SGS custom. The dealership did the paint. He bought it that way. I don't do green. But it's a good looking bike.

Best looking bike of the bunch

Big Moose HD in Maine.

·
Registered
4,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Up our View For Lunch. York Maine. The Lobster Shack.

When in Rome.

Our last breakfast together. We split from here. They had 150 to get home. I had 270. 100 of it was raining. And torrential at times. I just kept on keeping on.

Me at the falls.

·
Registered
4,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
My total was 1700 miles in the 4 days. Saturday was a 600 mile day. VT, NH, ME, MA, CT, NY and PA. Started out at 8 am. Parked at the hotel at 10:30 pm. This was their first trip like that for them . Me too kinda. I've done the iron butt 3 times. So I know what it is to be in the seat for a long time. They all want hammock seats now. My brother in law has the 08 CVO Ultra. When I traded my 08 SG I kept that hammock. He didn't want it so I sold it. He's regretting that now. I also wear my padded mountain bike shorts . Lol. I didn't let them in on that secret until last night.

They can't wait to do it again. Was a great time. Learned a few things not to do. We had some really scenic streets in Buffalo. Some extremely diverse ethnic touring. Funny they'd stop trying to sell dope to people in cars when we're were at a light. They backed up and leaned on the buildings or walked away.

We only had 20/30 minutes rain on the main ride. Only I hit the rain on my solo ride home.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts