Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So im in the process of deciding what leds to run on my 15 rgs. In the mean time i popped a tail light so i grabbed a set from autozone in red. brighter...less heat. im happy. so i swapped the fronts out. so the flashers flash at the correct rate but on the dash the indicator blinks faster like a bulb is out. so not sure if this is a can/bus what ever vehicle and did not want to hurt anything. so i swapped the fronts back to incandesent. so, do i go back to autozone and grab the load equalizer or do i need to order on of the fancy guys that are like 75$ that just lug right in...no idea about wire stuff.

thanks

·
Registered
611 Posts
Custom dynamics all the way man you will be seen by others from much further away. I tried the led bulbs and they worked well and were definitely a step up, but we're nothing like a full cd setup. You can't get the 6 dollar cheapo led bulbs as they are not compatible and won't work correctly.

It also pays to add the magic brake strobe module or triple play module. This will give you the option to have taillights that flash ' pulse. You can set the speed and pattern of the flash as well.

When you are finished with all these lights you will have spent some coin but it's the best single addition I have added. It adds to the safety factor and also looks cool as hell. You will feel much safer riding and sitting at stop lights. I know I do!!!!

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
I went on a 4 day ride with 8 other Harleys. As the tailgunner on most of the rides, it was interesting to see the difference between stock bulbs and LEDs. Most, if not all, of the LEDs were Custom Dynamics. 1 rider with stock lights had a tail light out and didn't know it until I mentioned it to him. As he was riding just ahead of me, I had him look at the difference in lights. When he got home, he immediately ordered Custom Dynamics tail lights! My last 2 bikes were all Custom Dynamics for their quality and effectiveness. In addition to the front and rear bulbs, I also added the 10" strips to the back as the little 2 lights on the Special are not that big. Flashers and trilight will be added next month at Ocean City Bike Week.

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
It also pays to add the magic brake strobe module or triple play module. This will give you the option to have taillights that flash ' pulse. You can set the speed and pattern of the flash as well.!!
Be careful of any "Flashing" brake lights. Some states have laws against lights flashing more than 3 times and require them to then remain on steady.
Your bike can get ticketed and/or impounded.

·
Registered
165 Posts
IMO the 2 stock tailights are flat out dangerous. I added the plasma rods and wired them for run,brake,turn. What a difference! !
I agree. I thought the 15's already had LEDs. Any way on my 12 it also had 1157 incandesants that I thought were not enouph light so I got the bulb in Halagen waaaay brighter and it has enouph draw for the blinker module to work right. problem solved

·
Registered
4,572 Posts
Definitely Custom Dynamics all the way. Have them at 4 corners, plaszma rods and the cheesy "magic strobe". It's obnoxious, so obnoxious I hope it helps to keep me out of the ER.

Good products, spend the dough.

·
Registered
570 Posts
So im in the process of deciding what leds to run on my 15 rgs. In the mean time i popped a tail light so i grabbed a set from autozone in red. brighter...less heat. im happy. so i swapped the fronts out. so the flashers flash at the correct rate but on the dash the indicator blinks faster like a bulb is out. so not sure if this is a can/bus what ever vehicle and did not want to hurt anything. so i swapped the fronts back to incandesent. so, do i go back to autozone and grab the load equalizer or do i need to order on of the fancy guys that are like 75$ that just lug right in...no idea about wire stuff.

thanks
Turn your hazards/flashers on for 5 minutes. Turn them off and the problem should be corrected. 2015-2016 just needs for the ecm to relearn what volts it takes to run the signals. No load equalizer needed. Worked for mine just fine.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Spend the cash for a CD setup. I've got Dynamic Rings on all 4 corners, plasma rods, and the LED Tri-bar. IMO, the Tri-bar is the least bang for the buck. The rest is incredible. It just might save your life.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Update!! So the fancy led from AutoZone $11.99, that look like old lanterns we better than stock. And get the same color as rrflector. Had to buy those twice. Did a ride up to Milwaukee and popped into Madison hd and they had a set of cd bulbs for the 15 so I grabbed them. Way way brighter. So I'm happy with that. Any one else wondering go get the 11.99 guys from autozone in the mean time

·
Registered
611 Posts
Update!! So the fancy led from AutoZone $11.99, that look like old lanterns we better than stock. And get the same color as rrflector. Had to buy those twice. Did a ride up to Milwaukee and popped into Madison hd and they had a set of cd bulbs for the 15 so I grabbed them. Way way brighter. So I'm happy with that. Any one else wondering go get the 11.99 guys from autozone in the mean time

I ran them for years until I grabbed the custom dynamic led's......they are way better than stock but nothing comes close to the custom dynamics I run now. Definitely a life saver !!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,537 Posts
I put CD lights in my turn signals and I happy with them, but on my 08 I had to use the load equalizer which I also got from CD, I would recommend the CD load equalizer because it is a plug and play unit which means no cutting of wires.
I also run the BAL taillight which is the best safety feature made for a motorcycle IMO. :wink::wink:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts