Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have installed my own custom set of LED’s, under tank, behind horn, under frame, under saddle bags, etc. They are 5050 RGB, so I can change color with a remote. My question is... I sometimes see guy’s leave their LED lights on while at a bar or restaurant. Anyone have an idea how much this actually drains the battery after a few hours? I always fear the dead battery syndrome and not being able to start the bike, so when parked I keep them off. But may want to keep them one to keep someone from pulling in the parking space a hitting the bike at night...yep have seen that happen. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
13,070 Posts
If your battery is in good shape, you can leave the LEDS on for hours without any problems, they have very little current drain.

·
Registered
483 Posts
one way to find out is while your cleaning one evening or weekend turn them on and after a few hours see if the bike will start , just remember to keep track of the time so you will know .
While doing this you could also hook up a VOM to the battery to monitor the voltage

·
Registered
270 Posts
Measure the drain on the battery if ya want to know. But unless you put together an over the top led setup you should be able to leave them on a few hours with out problems as long as your batterys in good shape. If your still worryed they have those remote jump start packs that are now about as big as a cell phone you could toss in your coat

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
what others have said about having a good battery makes the difference in duration. I have noticed however that the 5050's drain faster because of their intensity. I typically don't keep my lights on unless I'm riding or longer than 2 hours when parked. The 3528 last a bit longer. softer glow but less juice used.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I've kept mine own all night. Came home from the bar, parked her into the garage and woke up the next morning with them still running. Bike started right up.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info and help; battery is good, but also never really thought of keeping the micro jumper in a saddle bag. I will ask what everyone is using in another thread on the jumper for ideas. And yes the 5050’s are much brighter that’s why I went with them. I have a big glow on the road when riding.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts