Road Glide banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '03 Road Glide that I want to make "more visible" when I ride. I'm wanting to add red LED light strips to the bottom of the tour packs wired into the accessory circuit. The problem I'm running into is 1) there are so many different choices out there and most of the ones I'm looking at are self adhesive, and 2) I don't want to install something and have to remove it in 6 months because an LED went out.

The other project that I'm wanting to do is add some fog lights to the front. I've heard of CREE and there are a lot models/styles out there. Riding in the early morning/at night along these county roads is not the easiest to see if there's a critter on the road, and I've ridden to work a few times in the fog. The bike does have DayMaker headlamps so when it's clear I can see pretty good.

Any suggestions / recommendations?

·
Registered
231 Posts
I just installed the HD Daymaker LED Fog Lamps on my 2016 RGU, and it makes a LOT of difference on what I can see on the sides of the road, which is good because most of the roads I travel are either woods, corn fields, or blueberry fields... PRIME deer and fog habitat.

While I got mine mounted on the new fairing mounts, the highway bar mounts for them are pretty popular and just as effective from what my service guy said. They even flashed the logic for me so that they stay on even when my high beams are on (which they usually are, especially during the day).

·
Registered
7,193 Posts

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
I have an '03 Road Glide that I want to make "more visible" when I ride. I'm wanting to add red LED light strips to the bottom of the tour packs wired into the accessory circuit. The problem I'm running into is 1) there are so many different choices out there and most of the ones I'm looking at are self adhesive, and 2) I don't want to install something and have to remove it in 6 months because an LED went out.

The other project that I'm wanting to do is add some fog lights to the front. I've heard of CREE and there are a lot models/styles out there. Riding in the early morning/at night along these county roads is not the easiest to see if there's a critter on the road, and I've ridden to work a few times in the fog. The bike does have DayMaker headlamps so when it's clear I can see pretty good.

Any suggestions / recommendations?

L brackets, spliced to acc under seat(to console)

My led's are direct to rear fender light

My leds a

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts