Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a front turn bulb burn out, so I thought I would replace both with LED. Installed the LED and they won't flash. Put in the regular bulb and it works fine. Put the LEDs in and put on the emergency flashers and the LEDs flash and they also flash when I turn off the ignition into alarm. Going back to incandescent bulbs, but what gives? No codes by the way.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
not really sure. May need a load equalizer. Though those usually cure the fast blinking and as already stated, is a resistor since the LEDs draw much less current. what year bike? As I understand, load equalizers aren't needed on '14+ bikes because of the newer CANBUS electrical system.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You need to add line levelers which are nothing but resistors. They simulate an incandescent bulb load so your flasher will work like it was designed to.
If that is the case, why do my rear and front mirror lights flash correctly in directional mode and why do the LEDs flash when in the safety flasher mode or alarm mode?

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Had a front turn bulb burn out, so I thought I would replace both with LED. Installed the LED and they won't flash. Put in the regular bulb and it works fine. Put the LEDs in and put on the emergency flashers and the LEDs flash and they also flash when I turn off the ignition into alarm. Going back to incandescent bulbs, but what gives? No codes by the way.
Mystery solved. Didn.t make any sense so I compared the incandescent with the LED and found the soldered tips were not even on the LEDs. I sanded the tips even and everything works fine. The longer tip prevented the directional side from making contact. Gotta love those Chinese products.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts