Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well here it goes shark tank members, my winter mods are approaching as the season has come to an end pretty much in the Northeast, i am looking to upgrade my headlights and i am interested in what LED headlight bulbs you have and how you like em and how long have they lasted. right now my first choice is from superbrightleds, they have a great price at 35 bucks a pop and great reviews. Also i am not interested in HD daymakers or Pathfinder daymakers etc, this pertains to LED bulb swaps, all the information will be much appreciated ,thanks.:grin: These farily new bulbs from Superbrightleds also are not bulky and have no external ballast or fan, they also claim a lifetime warranty, sounds pretty good to me what ya think?

·
Super Moderator
12,295 Posts
On my 10 I had daymakers and loved them. I went back to a custom LED from another company only because they're very rare and I like being different.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
I put SoCalMotosports HIDs on my 13 several years ago. Loved them but imagine there is better & cheaper technology out there now.

Good luck on your choice. Good upgrade

·
Registered
7,195 Posts
on the advice of another member here I went with the FuelMoto LEDs. I love them. they've been in the bike for about 2 years now with zero complaints and I never have to use the high beams anymore. very easy to install. if I remember they were about $50 each directly from FuelMoto. id post a picture but unfortunately I'm having a problem with my cloud account

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the info fellas, i pulled the trigger on the ones from superbrightleds.com i have been using them for years without fail, i used them on the gauges of my 2011 FLTRX to match my speedo and tach, and they look perfect. Also i just converted all my dash lights on my 1998 Jeep grand cherokee all to leds from them and it looks amazing compared to the way it looked in stock form, also the lifetime gaurentee on the headlights also sold me. When i install them i will post before and after pics.>:)

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I guess if you had an amp or something then it wud be a problem, but I saw no issue, except I used electrical tape on the connections just to make sure nothing would vibrate apart, little insurance, that's all.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If you go on the website, the side profile shows you how low it is, also the lifetime warranty and customer service is great.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Have you had the change to get side by side with a glide with daymakers? I wouldn't think the blubs would throw quite the pattern but for 60 vs 600....

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have seen some side by side, not my bike but they throw less light out front, about 80% roughly of a daymaker, but more to the sides which I like when I make turns in the dark

1 - 20 of 41 Posts