Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My bike is a 13. I want to replace the headlight with an LED light. From what I'm seeing you have to remove the fairing to do the job. However I did see a video where you can remove the front bezel and just replace the lights. The lights I have seen all come with a mounting plate that gets mounted to the fairing. My question is. Why must you use the mounting plate? And why can't you just remove the lights from the existing housing by removing the 4 screws that hold it in and install the new lights.

Thanks,

·
Registered
7,804 Posts
My bike is a 13. I want to replace the headlight with an LED light. From what I'm seeing you have to remove the fairing to do the job. However I did see a video where you can remove the front bezel and just replace the lights. The lights I have seen all come with a mounting plate that gets mounted to the fairing. My question is. Why must you use the mounting plate? And why can't you just remove the lights from the existing housing by removing the 4 screws that hold it in and install the new lights.

Thanks,
lendan, depending on which LED's You are using, some are heavier than stock and the mounting plate assist in holding the lights in.
If the LED's you are using are the same as stock then You should be able to remove the bezel, then the four mounting screws in each light and replace them with the LED's.
I hope this helps.
Mike U.

·
Registered
8,942 Posts

Thanks,
You don't really need the backing plate. Like you talked about, I did it the quick way too , until I had more time to install the back plate. That took about 6 months. I had no problems in that time.
The LED lights are a little heavier then oem ,so that's the reason for the backing plate.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies. That's what I was thinking. To remove the fairing is a lot of work. Looking for the easiest way to get the job done.

Thanks Again.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I did it for a buddy on his 2012. Remove the bezel and then the 4 screws in each light. we did have to re aim the lights. It took about 30 mins total. He bought the Sunpie lights and he loves them. They have been in about 1 1/2 years.

Reactions: lendan313

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
My advice is to follow instructions. Fear not removing the outer fairing, its not that big of a deal. Putting it back is a little tricky at first, but after you've done it a couple of times its a no brainer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts