Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone put one of these on there bike yet? The par number is 6780112. I've never wanted a big light on my tour pak, but this thing is sick.

Here is a video...the cat in the vid is kinda of a goof, but you can see the lights pretty good.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Make sure you select the Tour Pak light you want. The number you list (missing the “8” on the end) doesn’t have a mounting location for antennas.
if you want the antenna, you will need part number 67800368. It’s the original type light viewed on the bottom in the YouTube video. The light above is the new one without the antenna mounts.

Reactions: NCPiper and BH#103

·
Registered
2,656 Posts

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Make sure you select the Tour Pak light you want. The number you list (missing the “8” on the end) doesn’t have a mounting location for antennas.
if you want the antenna, you will need part number 67800368. It’s the original type light viewed on the bottom in the YouTube video. The light above is the new one without the antenna mounts.
I don’t need no stinking antenna. 😜. I’ve got a special.
I am waiting for CD. They are going to come out with their own.
Me too!🏍💨🏍💨
Not a fan of CD. There stuff is over rated and anything they have that has a lens on it looks cheap. Like the Kury of LEDs.

·
Registered
5,280 Posts
I don’t need no stinking antenna. 😜. I’ve got a special.

Not a fan of CD. There stuff is over rated and anything they have that has a lens on it looks cheap. Like the Kury of LEDs.
HD warranty is 1 year. CD life time that settled it for me long ago . Only light I have left to replace with CD is the upper Tour tour pack.

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
HD warranty is 1 year. CD life time that settled it for me long ago . Only light I have left to replace with CD is the upper Tour tour pack.
I ain’t gonna have this bike for a life time and I’d rather have something that looks nice anyway. Bottom line as long as you ain’t getting em in the cheap off eBay or Amazon pretty good chance they are gonna last.

·
Premium Member
3,306 Posts
Saw this light setup at the HD Museum a few weeks ago. They had displays with all the new goodies along with all the bike models displayed. That light definitely got my attention and drew me to it. Funny part was, I asked the woman there why there wasn't an antenna and I don't think I'd be interested in it because there was no provision for one. WTF was I thinking? I don't think I have ever even used the radio on my bike now that I think of it. I guess I just got used to seeing the antenna all the time so that's what prompted my question and attitude.
Fuck it, I'll probably end up with one as soon as I can get word to Santa!

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Saw this light setup at the HD Museum a few weeks ago. They had displays with all the new goodies along with all the bike models displayed. That light definitely got my attention and drew me to it. Funny part was, I asked the woman there why there wasn't an antenna and I don't think I'd be interested in it because there was no provision for one. WTF was I thinking? I don't think I have ever even used the radio on my bike now that I think of it. I guess I just got used to seeing the antenna all the time so that's what prompted my question and attitude.
Fuck it, I'll probably end up with one as soon as I can get word to Santa!
That’s what I’m thinking. It looks like the back of our Durango and the sequential turns are dope.

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yup getting these for Christmas, wife asked why they aren’t already on there. Guess I better start looking for a templet and figure out how I’m gonna wire this up. I’ve got a little more going on back there then other cats with Tour Paks as I wired comms. Probably end up getting a factory harness and a bigger plug that will accommodate the extra pins and stuff. If anyone knows where I can get a template let me know.

·
Premium Member
3,306 Posts
Yup getting these for Christmas, wife asked why they aren’t already on there. Guess I better start looking for a templet and figure out how I’m gonna wire this up. I’ve got a little more going on back there then other cats with Tour Paks as I wired comms. Probably end up getting a factory harness and a bigger plug that will accommodate the extra pins and stuff. If anyone knows where I can get a template let me know.
Template I can't help you with. Check Namz for your harnesses though if not going with HD stuff.

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Template I can't help you with. Check Namz for your harnesses though if not going with HD stuff.
Sweet. The Namz one is over priced to me and either way I go I’ll have to modify it. So I’ll just get the Harley one.

·
Premium Member
3,306 Posts
Sweet. The Namz one is over priced to me and either way I go I’ll have to modify it. So I’ll just get the Harley one.
That's unfortunate on the pricing. I've used Namz stuff before and was really happy with it, guess I better start paying closer attention and compare costs next time I need wiring items.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Guess I better start looking for a templet and figure out how I’m gonna wire this up. Probably end up getting a factory harness and a bigger plug that will accommodate the extra pins and stuff. If anyone knows where I can get a template let me know.
If you find a Tour Pak Light Mounting Template, let me know. I’ll need one too. 👀

Reactions: craigffb

·
Registered
132 Posts
Perhaps I'm being thickheaded, not the first time today, but why does it appear that the one with the antenna mounts not have the shiny little HD emblem amidships?

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Perhaps I'm being thickheaded, not the first time today, but why does it appear that the one with the antenna mounts not have the shiny little HD emblem amidships?
Because the one with the mounts is the stock light. The one with out the mount is the P&A upgrade.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts