Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
21 - 40 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
That’s not the same as the one I originally posted. That is just the dark lens version of the original red lens OE part.
As I said, thickheaded. So in order to get the much better looking one that you posted you have to give up the antenna mounts. And you can get it with red lenses....without mounts...I prefer "yours" but I do listen to FM on occasion and I don't want the invisible antenna.
Thanks for the clarification..

·
Super Moderator
13,062 Posts
I’m seriously thinking about putting one on my bike even though I have a chopped tour pack.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
that's cool.....might be a nice upgrade to the old TP brake light I got on.......is it an easy swap....no need to drill more or reposition the current TP screw holes?

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
that's cool.....might be a nice upgrade to the old TP brake light I got on.......is it an easy swap....no need to drill more or reposition the current TP screw holes?
From what the cat said that did the video i posted, direct swap and even came with new screws. I’m getting one.

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
So I’ve been looking into this more. I’m just gonna add the plug and wires to the harness I already built. I should be able to get everything I need for less then $20 and that includes the new tour pak to bike plug I’m gonna need to accommodate the extra wires.
So if anyone has a template to drill and cut the holes, please let me know.

·
Registered
6,178 Posts
I'd like to have that but the site says it doesn't fit my '15 CVO. Not the first time they've been wrong on that.

Sent from Tapatalk. probably while pooping.

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I'd like to have that but the site says it doesn't fit my '15 CVO. Not the first time they've been wrong on that.

HD said that about their new LED tail lights I’m running. But I’m their defense they do trip a code. No ill effects, no CEL, and they work fine. But they do trip a code that I can see if I look. Might be a similar thing. Or it might be the fact that there are no antenna points. Who knows.

·
Registered
6,178 Posts
HD said that about their new LED tail lights I’m running. But I’m their defense they do trip a code. No ill effects, no CEL, and they work fine. But they do trip a code that I can see if I look. Might be a similar thing. Or it might be the fact that there are no antenna points. Who knows.
I did look at the one part number and it does have both antenna hookups.
I'm curious if the code trip is because of the CVOS coming with that light as an LED from the start. Dunno. Maybe I'll get off my ass and call HD to try to get an answer. Not like I can do anything else until after my back surgery next month.

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Ordered mine the other day from Horney Toad. Gonna redo my rear harness and add the passenger switches for the COMM/Radio while I'm at it.

·
Registered
35 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Just a heads up, if any of you guys install this new light, and everything appears to be ok EXCEPT when you hit the brakes, and then it just barely flashes once for a millisecond.... its ok, easy "fix"... don't panic lol I have seen where some other guys thought they got a bad light, one even sent it back and new one did the same thing.

In the BCM there's a setting about "Dedicated Brake Light" that one setting MAY need to be changed so the light functions correctly. Depends on what yours is set to (enable/disable). I am guessing the LED controller in the light needs it set one specific way to properly handle the sequential lighting.

On the "OEM" lights (or the "old" ones) if "Dedicated Brake Light" is set one way (disable), when you hit the brakes the whole light bar lights up bright. When "Dedicated Brake Light" is set the other way (enable) and you hit the brakes, just the single row in the center of the light goes bright (the skinny area between the turn signals). I got my bike back from the shop one time and it was doing this... just had to go in and change that one setting back, so the whole light bar lit up when hitting the brakes. So I believe if I were to upgrade to the sequential light, I would have to change this one setting in mine to get it to function correctly.

Its a cool light, I'm just trying to give a heads up, that nothing is wrong if you run into this... just have that one setting changed if necessary.

·
Premium Member
3,306 Posts
Fyi, Custom Dynamics just started taking pre orders for their version today. Looks pretty sweet!

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
That light is hideous.
I have ordered the Smoked Reaper Tour Pak Brake/Turn/Running Light from Advanblack.
I think it looks so much better than the Harley-Davidson or Custom Dynamics lights.
The Advanblack cost a little more, but comes with the pattern to install the light. Plus includes the wiring harness. I’ll post a YouTube video on installation when it arrives.
It arrived. I installed it. In the video, I compare the Custom Dynamics from the Advanblack Light Bar.

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 · (Edited)
I have ordered the Smoked Reaper Tour Pak Brake/Turn/Running Light from Advanblack.
I think it looks so much better than the Harley-Davidson or Custom Dynamics lights.
The Advanblack cost a little more, but comes with the pattern to install the light. Plus includes the wiring harness. I’ll post a YouTube video on installation when it arrives.
I don’t hate it, but it’s to much and the HD light has sequential turn signals.

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Got the template and got the tour pak drilled.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Exercise machine Bumper

Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Bumper

Also got the wire harness for the rear light done.
Wood Tile flooring Flooring Audio equipment Floor

Just waiting on the light it’s self and the other end of the plug so I can finish the harness.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just a heads up, if any of you guys install this new light, and everything appears to be ok EXCEPT when you hit the brakes, and then it just barely flashes once for a millisecond.... its ok, easy "fix"... don't panic lol I have seen where some other guys thought they got a bad light, one even sent it back and new one did the same thing.

In the BCM there's a setting about "Dedicated Brake Light" that one setting MAY need to be changed so the light functions correctly. Depends on what yours is set to (enable/disable). I am guessing the LED controller in the light needs it set one specific way to properly handle the sequential lighting.

On the "OEM" lights (or the "old" ones) if "Dedicated Brake Light" is set one way (disable), when you hit the brakes the whole light bar lights up bright. When "Dedicated Brake Light" is set the other way (enable) and you hit the brakes, just the single row in the center of the light goes bright (the skinny area between the turn signals). I got my bike back from the shop one time and it was doing this... just had to go in and change that one setting back, so the whole light bar lit up when hitting the brakes. So I believe if I were to upgrade to the sequential light, I would have to change this one setting in mine to get it to function correctly.

Its a cool light, I'm just trying to give a heads up, that nothing is wrong if you run into this... just have that one setting changed if necessary.
Hi Craigffb, I had this problem that you said, but I don't know how to reconfigure the BCM settings, can you send me this procedure? thanks.

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Hi Craigffb, I had this problem that you said, but I don't know how to reconfigure the BCM settings, can you send me this procedure? thanks.
I'm still waiting for my light. @ssitruc is the one who posted the info you are looking for, and I'm pretty sure the dealer had to fix his issue with the Digital Technician.

21 - 40 of 62 Posts