Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a previously owned 17 RGS that had a chopped tour pak on it already. Not much light on the back vs. what I had on my 12.

The side by side profiles look about the same (King vs. Chopped).

Wondering if anyone has already done this.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
I've got a 15 RGS with a chopped tour pac. I'm running CD Plasma Rods and turn signals set to R/B/T. I also have a CD Tribar set to R/B. I'm very visible.

·
Registered
260 Posts
wenchal-

I am glad you asked this question. I will be following along for other answers. I will finally be buying my chopped tour pack this winter in time for spring riding. I firmly believe there was someone on this board that has gone on before us and down the adaptation of the brake lights from a King tour pack to his chopped tour pack. I have tried searching but can't seem to find it. I will keep looking as this is my current plan once I get the tour pack.

Hopefully someone will chime in with the details or things to watch out for.

-c

·
Super Moderator
12,295 Posts
I have a chopped tour pack also. I have plenty of lights on the rear with plasma rods and the saddlebag lights, so I’m not too worried. I do know that the top of the chopped tour pack and the king tour pack are the same, so if you want to use the lights with the luggage rack they will fit.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Just bought a previously owned 17 RGS that had a chopped tour pak on it already. Not much light on the back vs. what I had on my 12.

The side by side profiles look about the same (King vs. Chopped).

Wondering if anyone has already done this.
I got a Custom Dynamics Truflex LED lightbar for the back of my chopped TP on my old SG. It was great. The center was a run/brake light with 1/4 on each end for turn signals. I got it in smoked with all red LEDs. It looks really clean.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts