Road Glide banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone mounted a light bar to the shark?

I put a light bar on my dyna and made a big difference riding through the country lighting up fields so i can see the deer and other critters before they make it out in front of me.

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
I thought I saw a post here were someone did. I like the idea and am contemplating doing one myself. maybe one of the flat style to mount directly below the headlight.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I plan on adding the additional fog lights that mount with the turning signals on the shark nose but i also purchased an 11" led bar from amazon that will fit perfectly under the nose. I will add the aux sw so it operates independently from the other lights.

·
Registered
173 Posts
How many lumens?

Mounting it there...just make sure you have enough clearance with the fender when the forks compress. I was thinking about going with the lights that mount onto the caliper mounts. Curious to see how this works out for you.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
I made caliper brackets & mounted PIAA driving lights. Expensive but insanely bright.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I've been looking at a similar set up but have been unable to find a good way to mount it.

·
Registered
254 Posts
On another forum a guy mounted a light like that on his 15RGS but there was clearance concerns. Not sure if you hit a decent sized pot hole that the forks wouldn't compress enough for it to put a nice size ding on your fender???

·
Registered
9 Posts
Has anyone mounted a light bar to the shark?

I put a light bar on my dyna and made a big difference riding through the country lighting up fields so i can see the deer and other critters before they make it out in front of me.
When I got my '11 RGU (in '14) I replaced the stock headlights with DayMakers. I also put the DayMaker fog lamps on the highway bars at the same time. Being LED they are pulling less wattage and they put out the light.

On a sunny day I see shadow outlines of vehicles in front of me reflecting on the road signs. When riding in a group, my lights reach past five bikes in front of me and give about a 60 degree angle of light....I see all kinds of critters along the road side.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts