Road Glide banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok so it was raining Saturday and I was playing on the computer. One of my 1157 running/brake had gone out a couple of days before that so I needed a new bulb. I sat for a good hour on Custom Dynamics web site looking at those bad ass replacement led kits they sell. I've ridden behind a couple of guys that have them and man can you see them. After awhile of debating on what to do I started searching 1157 led replacement bulbs. I know that leds have come way down in price in the last 5 years. I ended up buying some high output leds in red from Amazon for $15 a pair. The running lights are brighter but the brake lights are about the same maybe a tad brighter but not like the CD's. Also they are much cooler then the old 1157's. These that I used are red and maybe would have been brighter if I would have went with the white. Here are a couple of pictures. The light on the left is the led the one on the right is the factory.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok I’ll use my phone since I Hate having to click pictures.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
Looks good from here. Would have to see the CD beside it to tell the difference.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I just put the custom dynamics ringz, tri bar, and magic strobe on mine. Money well spent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Attachments

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Looks good Eddie. I saw those on Amazon as well and am considering those instead of the CD Rinz on Traci's Sportster.

I'm glad I know someone that has actually tried they now :)

I've had them on my Amazon wish list for about 6 months now.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
they're stocking those at a lot of auto parts stores, too.
hopefully the moco will step up in the "new" century and make them standard equipment.
congrats on the upgrade :smile:

·
Registered
504 Posts
You gotta remember these are diodes. Some are not compatible with CANBUS systems. Also, most of the time you need to buy a resistor to make the turn signal function work properly.
I tried a set of 1157 LEDs on my Honda and they screwed up the aftermarket cruse control.
I hope they work well for everyone, but I am very happy with my CD front and rear 1157 replacement set up on my "17 RGS.

http://www.roadglide.org/25-lighting/310842-custom-dynamics-led-tail-signal-brake-running-lights-2017-rgs.html

·
Registered
2 Posts
Super Bright LED's

The site Superbright LED's offers many types of 1156 and 1157's LED replacements. And they are $10 vs $90 from Custom Dynamics. I'm wondering if I could save $200 by using these in the turn signals but still install CD's load balancer. THe CD kits are great, but way overpriced imo, and I've used replacements from SuperBrightLED.com for my car and they do work great.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts