Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have recommendations for LEDs that don’t cost an arm and a leg? It doesn’t seem like a LED set for your running lights or tail/break lights should cost well over $100. I’m on a 18’ RG

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Does anyone have recommendations for LEDs that don’t cost an arm and a leg? It doesn’t seem like a LED set for your running lights or tail/break lights should cost well over $100. I’m on a 18’ RG
There is a thread here about some from AutoZone with part numbers. Much brighter than stock.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Cheap and LEDs don't go together. In all honesty getting the older version (Gen-200) of the Custom Dynamics inserts is your best bet. They are a quality and IF there is an issue, they will replace them.
Agreed. My 2018 had the new style CD light kit when I picked it up (dealer transfer and someone at the originating dealer forgot to pull them out). But I kept the GEN-200 off the 2015 before I traded it. I actually prefer the older style, so I'm keeping them as spares.

·
Registered
5,486 Posts
For me, regardless of Gen (would not know the diff tween) when on a back road where it is dark with no street lights, the CD Lighting in my Front Signals are worth every penny.......they light up the road perfectly and even MORE important to me.....make the left turning cagers see me even more.........can't put a price on that

Some things can be skimped, I agree........but with lighting, I'll save a little more to spend a little more to get a LOT more

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
CD or Ciro3. Yes they are expensive. But they are high quality and have a lifetime warranty. Anytime I have tried to go cheap, I'm disappointed.

·
Registered
467 Posts
JMO, we have used LED's from every manufacturer. If you want something really bright get the custom dynamics Pro beams. They cost a lot but they are lifetime warranty and worth the money for performance.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts