Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So like a lot of people here I had my left front fairing vent get stuck open..
I was about to remove the front fairing to remove the vent.. anyway after stuffing around with it I found that if I pressed on the end of the button towards the front of the bike I heard the button click... I could then press the button in the correct place to release the vent to the closed position... I tried this about 10 times and it worked everytime.. just thought it might help others out when you just want to close your vent...

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Mine broke for the second time now. (Closed). Costs too much to fix,. First time was under warranty. Now, just a little black gorilla tape keeps it open. Can't see it in there anyway. Looks like a winter fix when I get bored.

·
Registered
521 Posts
So like a lot of people here I had my left front fairing vent get stuck open..
I was about to remove the front fairing to remove the vent.. anyway after stuffing around with it I found that if I pressed on the end of the button towards the front of the bike I heard the button click... I could then press the button in the correct place to release the vent to the closed position... I tried this about 10 times and it worked everytime.. just thought it might help others out when you just want to close your vent...

Maybe we are seeing why the 2020s don’t have them. They are all plastic and seem to eventually break. I have been lucky, I’ve only had to replace one.

·
Registered
2019 RGS, Fullsac exhaust, S&S stealth AC, TTS tuner.
1,783 Posts
My 17 I had to take everything apart and was able to clean the mechanism and put it back together and did't touch the vents again lol. The 19 I just bought I need to do the same thing as my left and top vent wont close. I hope I can just clean them again without replacing and then once the vents are open I won't touch them again. Instead of putting better mechanism in for the flaps I guess HD decided it was easier to just delete them for the 2020's

·
Registered
439 Posts
i heard you go faster with them open...
You heard wrong. EVERYbody knows that's just wrong, it only feels that way because of the hurricane force winds that blow through there. With all the turbulence, it actually slows you down (not that you can notice though).

·
Premium Member
3,171 Posts
That sux! I wonder what changed, my 2015 vents worked awesome but my 2019 vents work just OK. If I knew going into the 2019, I would have made the time and swapped them out before finalizing my trade. Almost seems like the mold starting going bad so they stopped putting them on the bikes because they started to suck.

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
I’m buying the vent assembly to install when I replace my RG with a new model without the vents.

Reactions: RoadieWingZ

·
Registered
2019 Twisted Cherry Road Glide Ultra
210 Posts
I assume that this can be done without removing the fairing. My 2019 is stuck open. I'll have to try it out once it gets back from the shop.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I assume that this can be done without removing the fairing. My 2019 is stuck open. I'll have to try it out once it gets back from the shop.

You should be able to push on the back part of the button and you will here the vent click. At that point it should close when you press the front of the button like normal

·
Registered
2019 Twisted Cherry Road Glide Ultra
210 Posts
You should be able to push on the back part of the button and you will here the vent click. At that point it should close when you press the front of the button like normal

I'll try that too. I messed with it once before but gave up but I'll try just like you said.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My 17 I had to take everything apart and was able to clean the mechanism and put it back together and did't touch the vents again lol. The 19 I just bought I need to do the same thing as my left and top vent wont close. I hope I can just clean them again without replacing and then once the vents are open I won't touch them again. Instead of putting better mechanism in for the flaps I guess HD decided it was easier to just delete them for the 2020's
Ike Burns, did you take the fairing completely off to get to them?

·
Registered
2019 RGS, Fullsac exhaust, S&S stealth AC, TTS tuner.
1,783 Posts
Ike Burns, did you take the fairing completely off to get to them?
You have to take the fairing off and remove the speaker pods. It is all easy, just lost of screws and bolts to take out, I think there is about 7 bolts for the speaker pods.

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
You have to take the fairing off and remove the speaker pods. It is all easy, just lost of screws and bolts to take out, I think there is about 7 bolts for the speaker pods.
You don’t need to remove the speaker pods. The Vent is held in with only 2 screws on each side. Watch my YouTube video about the vent installation. It’s the same on all Rushmore Fairings.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts