Road Glide banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noticed a puddle under the left muffler... about 2" in diameter.

Thought that it was condensation that had dripped from an overhead a/c line that runs overhead in the basement.

Moved the bike... next day, there the puddle was again.

Removed the saddlebag and side cover. Looking upstream for the source of the leak.... everything bone dry. I was perplexed for about 5 minutes until I realized the left shock boot was wet.

Called the dealership and they said to bring it in, it'll be replaced under warranty.

My question is...

Should both be replaced?

I mean... you don't just replace one side of a brakepad set.

Bike has 21k miles on it. Would there be much difference in the characteristics (extension/rebound, etc) between a new shock and one with 21k?

Cause swingarm (or bushing) problems because of different rates of the shocks?

I'll eventually go with Ohlins from Howards, but not ready to spend that kinda coin.

What do the suspension experts advise? Insist on replacing both, or will I be okay?

Beavz

·
Registered
397 Posts
Called the dealership and they said to bring it in, it'll be replaced under warranty.

My question is...

Should both be replaced?

I mean... you don't just replace one side of a brakepad set.

Bike has 21k miles on it. Would there be much difference in the characteristics (extension/rebound, etc) between a new shock and one with 21k?

Cause swingarm (or bushing) problems because of different rates of the shocks?

I'll eventually go with Ohlins from Howards, but not ready to spend that kinda coin.

What do the suspension experts advise? Insist on replacing both, or will I be okay?

Beavz

I sure would want the pair replaced,one with 21000 on it,and a brand new one ain't the ideal situation,but I bet they'll try and get away with just changing the damaged one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts