1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
42 Posts
Don't have either shock, but my past experience with remote reservoirs versus non, is the remote reservoirs were always worth the extra $$$. A bit more plush and don't fade as quick when fluid gets hot.

I can tell you I am very interested in these. Longer coil spring, yet no increase in ride height, twist spring for 2 up, and 7 settings for compression and rebound. Impressive

·
Registered
627 Posts
I see legend just released a remote reservoir shock. About $1400 for a pair. But my curiosity has me wondering if there is a big difference from Revo-a suspension.
Any one have input in general. is there big difference in a remote reservoir shock?

https://www.legendsuspensions.com/products/view/legend-revo-arc-rr-flh-14-19
It's my understanding that with the REVO-ARC Shocks will provide a lot more adjustability than say their REVO-A shock which is not a remote reservoir set-up.

With the REVO-ARCs you can adjust both compression and rebound as well as pre-load providing more fine-tuning capabilities which can be a good thing for riders who are technically-minded enough to adjust them properly based on their current load and riding style. However, I also feel that some riders who may not be as up-to-speed on how to properly dial in the shock could give themselves a worse ride if they are not careful because of too much adjustability.

That's my two cents...lol

·
Registered
9 Posts
I got the front and rear installed on my 2018 Road Glide Ultra 2 weeks ago and still can’t get it dialed in to my liking...I do know the bikes handling is superb especially in wide turns and cornering. It’s very stiff, I feel every damn bump in the road and I’ve dialed both the rebound and compression + & - and have decided to keep it on the recommended settings for now. Maybe they need a little more breaking in period, I’ve put around 7 - 800 miles on them. We’ll see what happens in the coming days...

·
Registered
2 Posts
I got the front and rear installed on my 2018 Road Glide Ultra 2 weeks ago and still can’t get it dialed in to my liking...I do know the bikes handling is superb especially in wide turns and cornering. It’s very stiff, I feel every damn bump in the road and I’ve dialed both the rebound and compression + & - and have decided to keep it on the recommended settings for now. Maybe they need a little more breaking in period, I’ve put around 7 - 800 miles on them. We’ll see what happens in the coming days...
That's a bummer to hear. I really wanted to get these for my 19 RGS - but there just aren't a lot of reviews out there. Let us know if you ever get these dialed into your liking.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
The one thing that I always hear about Legend suspension is that it is stiff. Then everyone that has it hopes it will settle in. The consistent stiffness reviews made me look at other brands, even though I could easily get Legend up here in Canada, I went through the hassle of importing Pro Actions and have been happy with their subtle ride since day 1.

·
Registered
9 Posts
That's a bummer to hear. I really wanted to get these for my 19 RGS - but there just aren't a lot of reviews out there. Let us know if you ever get these dialed into your liking.
Finally got them just about where I want them. They are worth the $ but if you have a dealership install them, first make sure they are knowledgeable about them and set them to your weight preference. My HD dealership, should I say ex-dealership Is full of shit! Good luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Finally got them just about where I want them. They are worth the $ but if you have a dealership install them, first make sure they are knowledgeable about them and set them to your weight preference. My HD dealership, should I say ex-dealership Is full of shit! Good luck!
Good to know! Definitely a diy'er here (I too, have not had stellar luck with the hd dealership service).

Being that stock RGS sits an inch lower than standard - and the fact that I'm a big dude (ride 2 up a lot of times) seems to really show the limitation of the stock suspension.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts