Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love my Super Shox and they are supposed to be coming out with a fork cartridge kit this summer. I don't know if I can stand these forks any longer. Does anyone have any first hand experience with the Legend Axeo's.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
I was thinking of the Axeo fronts for an upgrade this winter but have to hold out a little longer due to the funds running low. If SS is supposed to be coming up with a front set up, I would wait it out to see what they produce. Just my .02. Where did you hear of the SS front end this summer?

·
Registered
260 Posts
I have had my Legend Axeo and Revo-A suspension installed in my bike for over a year now. About 4,500miles and no regrets. This bike rides a lot better than stock. I would recommend without reservation. I purchased through one of the forum sponsors and got a great deal on the suspension and some savings on the shipping too.

-c

·
Registered
231 Posts
+1 with the previous 2...Axeo front and Revo-A rear. Bike is on rails!

Reactions: dshudson

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That is my concern that SS will be delayed. I don't want to ride the whole season on the mongoose bmx forks that come on the bike. Waiting for something that is scheduled for "mid-summer" as the release date. I'll probably go with the legends. Anybody know of a great deal? Lowest I have seen is phat performance at $699.

·
Registered
6,545 Posts
I spoke at great length with SS last Spring and they told me then...."by the end of the season"......then I saw them at a show again in Aug and they said "maybe next year" - Its tough as it is completely out of their wheel house coming from their 4 wheel roots......but ya never know

Me......keep your options open and if a deal presents itself, take it - I was VERY close to the SS Rear and Legends Front ..........and then I spoke with Smarty............

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
I love my Super Shox and they are supposed to be coming out with a fork cartridge kit this summer. I don't know if I can stand these forks any longer. Does anyone have any first hand experience with the Legend Axeo's.
morningwood , just love the name :smile:The good thing is you have several options. I have SS rear & monotubes front, got the SS for $600 & had Amazon points so used them on Progressive monotubes. I'm very happy with this setup but i'm sure there's better combos out there like Ohlins etc. it all depends how deep your pockets & what your needs are. My neighbor has SS rear & is also waiting for them to come out with fronts.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the feedback. I didn't make the show this year. I wanted to talk to SS about the release date. Since it could be next year I'll go with the legends. I haven't heard one negative comment about them. Love SS, but by all the comments and reviews I think I will be happy with the axeo's. I know ohlins are great, but I don't want to pay their price.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have both Legends Air in the rear and Axeo in the front, I got the 1 inch lowered (0414-0517). I couldn't be happier with the purchase, I have a really bad pothole street that shook my brain when riding by so I purposely drove over every bump I could on the way home and I didn't feel a thing.

I should mention that I also have a 180 wide front tire kit as well and I know that helps a ton too. My bike rides like a dream.

I am in love.

·
Registered
6,545 Posts
Thanks for all the feedback. I didn't make the show this year. I wanted to talk to SS about the release date. Since it could be next year I'll go with the legends. I haven't heard one negative comment about them. Love SS, but by all the comments and reviews I think I will be happy with the axeo's. I know ohlins are great, but I don't want to pay their price.
I would not get too hung up on price until you speak with someone and get a quote - For a few hundo more (if you can swing it) why not get the best of the best? - Now with that said, 99% of the riders would not feel the difference between SS and O's going down the Hwy at 70.....2 up even - But, some riders love to chuck the half ton couch into the sweeps......and ring its neck on the exit.....then you will notice the difference.

SS for $650 shipped is tough to beat depending on your needs.......but don't rule out Os jut because people say they are expensive - Susp and Brakes (to me) are the 2 most important things on a bike so don't skimp if ya don't have to

Either way amigo, anything is better than the Whammo Pogo Sticks from MoCo

·
Registered
83 Posts
I would not get too hung up on price until you speak with someone and get a quote - For a few hundo more (if you can swing it) why not get the best of the best? - Now with that said, 99% of the riders would not feel the difference between SS and O's going down the Hwy at 70.....2 up even - But, some riders love to chuck the half ton couch into the sweeps......and ring its neck on the exit.....then you will notice the difference.

SS for $650 shipped is tough to beat depending on your needs.......but don't rule out Os jut because people say they are expensive - Susp and Brakes (to me) are the 2 most important things on a bike so don't skimp if ya don't have to

Either way amigo, anything is better than the Whammo Pogo Sticks from MoCo
I looked at the O's and did a ton of research, its wasn't money that came down to it, I chose Legends because they had better reviews. That was it.

I'm sure both are great though.

-Dan

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I had ohlins on a husky quite a few years ago, great suspension. A buddy has a 14 or 15 cvo sg with the more inexpensive ohlins emulsified shox. Our weight is pretty similar we switched bikes for around 100 miles along the Mississippi, we both agreed that my SS gave a more compliant and controlled ride. Could be that his is an sg and not the king of harley a RG.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Those of you that have the AXEO's, did you get the lowered ones? And does it feel like an actual 1" lowering?

I've read that the Progressive tubes lowered, are actually pretty close to stock height.

I just picked up a set of Super Shox and am looking to pick up the AXEO's for the front and I wouldn't mind lowering it a bit. May get my completely flat foot.

Just curious since they are the same price, lowered or not.

Thanks.

P.S. I also spoke to the guys at the Super Shox booth at the local IMS and was told that they were more than likely going to be testing the new monotubes this season and "maybe" release them at the end of the year.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Was out for a ride today and unfortunately suffered from a shifter linkage failure. I was in the Harrisburg area and decided to put stop at Susquehanna Harley Davidson in Harrisburg. I have ZERO connection with the dealership. What I can say is they went out of their way to bend over backwards, treated me with extreme professionalism, and did everything they had to to get me back on the road and on my way home. At the time, I was about 3hrs from home and didn't want to have to deal with leaving my bike, getting a ride home, and having to come back out to pick it up. Everything went perfect!

Long story to say that I had plenty of time to wander the store while I was waiting on the repair. In the Service/Parts Dept were several tables with close out parts. A brand new set of Legend Axeo fork inserts were boxed up on the table. They were selling for $500 including the quart of fork oil. I think they sounded like a great deal. I think this is the right part number for our bikes too. Don't have all my information handy. Here is a pic of the box, price, and part number. Maybe they would ship? Could be worth a call to save a couple of bucks.

Hopefully someone can take advantage of this. as stated earlier in this post, I love my Legend suspension and would highly recommend it to anyone that wanted an upgrade over stock.

-c

·
Registered
186 Posts
FITS 2014+ FLH TOURING MODELS
0414-0494:STANDARD AXEO FLH 2014-16$750
0414-0495:1" LOWERED AXEO FLH 2014-16$750
0414-0516:STANDARD AXEO FLH 2017+$750
0414-0517:1" LOWERED AXEO FLH 2017+$750

That would be a hell of a deal.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I've got ohlins on the rear and axeo on the front. Bike rides like it's on rails, pitch her in and she sticks.

My only complaint is the small bump ride on the axeo. Feel everything. I have lost some weight, so I wonder if they are set on firm side now. Axeos instructions give a weight range to set the collars at. My recommendation is to go on the lower side of these recommendations for your given weight.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts