Road Glide banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I installed standard length Axeo cartridges, rev-A 13" and a saddle man step-up seat. The seat sits me up a bit higher but my 14" F47 bars now feel like stock height. Was chatting with my buddy who also has a 2018 Road Glide special and while comparing bikes, noticed that his front end gap of fairing to fender is about an inch and quarter taller than mine. I think I got sent the wrong cartridge and got the lowered ones. I checked my invoice and the box and both say the standard length part number. as it is now, I am up a couple inches in the back with the 13s and my seat and down an inch in front. scraping floorboard mounts like crazy.

can someone else with stock wheel, fender and Axeos measure theirs. sent an email to Legend but wont hear back till next week.

Attachments

·
Registered
102 Posts
Funny you should mention that about the lowering.I just installed suspension technologies Front Fork Cartridges standard height and notice immediately I was more flat footed than before.But when I get on my bike the front actually drops because the sag is set properly.Just looking at it in the garage with no one on it,it looks the same.

·
Registered
102 Posts
So I installed standard length Axeo cartridges, rev-A 13" and a saddle man step-up seat. The seat sits me up a bit higher but my 14" F47 bars now feel like stock height. Was chatting with my buddy who also has a 2018 Road Glide special and while comparing bikes, noticed that his front end gap of fairing to fender is about an inch and quarter taller than mine. I think I got sent the wrong cartridge and got the lowered ones. I checked my invoice and the box and both say the standards length part number. as it is now, I am up a couple inches in the back with the 13s and my seat and down an inch in front. scraping floorboard mounts like crazy.

can someone else with stock wheel, fender and Axeos measure theirs. sent an email to Legend but wont hear back till next week.
I understand what you’re saying now. I’m sitting at 5.5 but mines a 2016 RGS.I miss read.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I have a 13 so its probably a different animal but mine was lowered 1" prior to putting the Axeo's in. I got the lowered ones because I thought it would be about the same but it is even lower than before. I now have to lift it off the stand to get it on my jack.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
anyone else out there with Axeo's that could take a moment to measure top of fender to bottom of fairing? thanks.

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
anyone else out there with Axeo's that could take a moment to measure top of fender to bottom of fairing? thanks.
If I'm not mistaken the fork tubes are a different length on the 17' & up models so if you bought cartridges for the earlier models that could be the difference. I will verify when the forks last changed. I just know that Ohlins just released their cartridge kit that fits my 18' not too long ago. I had spoken with Smarty before that new kit was released and he said he had figured out a way to make the previous kit work with the new bike by changing the fork tubes.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Have you contacted them? I've talked back and forth with Legend about their set up for my bike as well. There standard length front end cartridge kit (Axeo) ends up lowering the front end an inch.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I got this one

0414-0516:STANDARD AXEO FLH 2017-19

I double checked the box and had the same part numbers. there is no markings i noticed on the actual cartridge to indicate the part number that I recall but I do remember seeing the packaging foam and seemed that the indent was longer than the cartridge and seemed odd but didnt think much of it at the time.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yes I did contact them, here was their response.

To answer your question, based on your measurements, you more than likely have the correct kit. Our standard height AXEO cartridges will actually sag about 3/4" lower than the stock front suspension due to the sag that is designed in to the cartridge. Our one inch lowered cartridges will actually be about 1 3/4" lower than stock because of this 3/4" of sag.

I would say if you wanted to be sure you have the correct length, you could remove the cartridges from the fork leg and take a measurement of the overall length, but if you already compared it to your buddy's bike and it is about 3/4" lower, then you more than likely have the standard height AXEO.
Not sure why they wouldnt say that their standard length is 3/4" lower and their one inch lowered one is actually 1 3/4" lower on their website or documentation. If you are selling a cartridge as standard and equivalent to stock, why is it actually lower????

·
Registered
26 Posts

Not sure why they wouldnt say that their standard length is 3/4" lower and their one inch lowered one is actually 1 3/4" lower on their website or documentation. If you are selling a cartridge as standard and equivalent to stock, why is it actually lower????
I'd agree with you. They seem to be known for that. Their 13" shocks get an inch of sag. They basically say that you get all the benefits of the longer spring but with a lower stance. Just the info I got from them. Hope it helps.

·
Registered
215 Posts

I have a 2015 RGS and put the Legends Axeo on about 3-4 years ago. I ran into the same thing as you. I contacted Legends about it and they said I had the correct kit, but never mentioned that it would be 3/4" lower due to sag. I don't want my bike lower because it makes the Ness Hot Legs look like they are in the wrong spot with my custom cowbells. I actually recently ordered a 1" fork tube extender to see if I can make it work but due to the way the top of the Axeo cartridge is made, with the cap as the top, you cannot put anything in there to extend the tubes. It sucks. I have to deal with the floorboard scraping too.
15RGwLRS2.jpg

·
Registered
681 Posts
So I installed standard length Axeo cartridges, rev-A 13" and a saddle man step-up seat. The seat sits me up a bit higher but my 14" F47 bars now feel like stock height. Was chatting with my buddy who also has a 2018 Road Glide special and while comparing bikes, noticed that his front end gap of fairing to fender is about an inch and quarter taller than mine. I think I got sent the wrong cartridge and got the lowered ones. I checked my invoice and the box and both say the standard length part number. as it is now, I am up a couple inches in the back with the 13s and my seat and down an inch in front. scraping floorboard mounts like crazy.

I put progressive cartridge in with the options to lower 1" or 2",i left the spacer out so it is lowered 2"-other than tight putting a lift under ,no problem-measure from bottom of slider to axel-when I check mine I"m 2 inches lower than an ultra of same year with no change-my space from bottom of bottom to fender is only 3"-i have never bottomed out

1 - 16 of 16 Posts