Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Can anyone provide some real world insight comparison of these 2 products ? I am admittedly a novice when it come to front end suspension and am looking to upgrade my 49mm stock front end. Is one system going to out perform the other immensely ? there is a big price difference.

·
Registered
34 Posts
i cant give you a comparison, but i went with legends and have been really pleased with them.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Same here, never tried the Öhlins but the legends offer a much more controlled ride, less brake dive and weight transfer to the front end, and more stability and predictably in corners. They are a sportier ride than stock, so you feel the small stuff a little more, but the bigger stuff is more controlled. I am pleased with them, wouldn’t call then perfect by any means, but close enough for me to be satisfied and turn my attention elsewhere. Especially since I ride pretty aggressively more oft than not.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Not a lot of help, but I went with the Ohlin's front & rear from Howard. The fronts ran @ $800, but springs at both ends we're selected for my personal ride height & load requirements. He offers a forum discount. Huge difference over stock on my pre Rushmore bike. Not a plush ride, but very sporty & confidence inspiring.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts