Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed legend Revo A's on my 15 Road Glide. Properly installed, set the sag to 1 inch and have the dampener set to #1. I would say it's about 25% better in handling the poor road surface. I am not having the experience alot of people write about in there reviews of these Legends, saying things like night and day difference, rides like butter are just few statements made, which to me at this point if this is as good as it gets, then what big exaggeration. Any advice from you guys that have experience the same issue and what you did adjustment wise to remedy the situation?

·
Administrator
12,507 Posts
I’m not familiar with the Legend, but most shocks do require a few miles for break in. See how you feel after a couple hundred miles.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I installed legend Revo A's on my 15 Road Glide. Properly installed, set the sag to 1 inch and have the dampener set to #1. I would say it's about 25% better in handling the poor road surface. I am not having the experience alot of people write about in there reviews of these Legends, saying things like night and day difference, rides like butter are just few statements made, which to me at this point if this is as good as it gets, then what big exaggeration. Any advice from you guys that have experience the same issue and what you did adjustment wise to remedy the situation?
Set the rebound to 3 1/2.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Set the dial to the midway point (3) and then give it two more full turns of preload on the spring.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello,

I put over 900 miles on them last weekend, got beat up on some of those poorly maintained highways, a lot of swearing in my helmet!

Tom

·
Registered
76 Posts
I did the same as mentioned above. Set the preload to 1 inch set the dial to 3 then turned the preload up a full turn and I love how they feel.

Only question i have now is, if the dial rotates past 6 and back to 1 is the dampening going back to the 1 setting? lol Didn't realize it can rotate over itself multiple times.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have another brand of shocks and just riding there’s a small difference but they really shine in tight fast corners and bigger bumps.The more you push them,the better they get.Thats my experience with suspension technologies shocks.The more I ride the better I’m noticing the difference.

·
Registered
682 Posts
I tried pro 944 -hated them -to stiff-went back to Harley adj.going to try super shox 14" with ext mount for 11.5 ride height

1 - 10 of 10 Posts