Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gentlemen,

I have a 19 RGS, lookin for guidance... Legends Revo Arc or Air? And why?

I have a road trip end of September, making move this week!

·
Registered
357 Posts
Curve ball = I upgraded to a set of take off 'standard' shocks from the factory 'low' shocks on our RGS models, 12" vs 13" roughly so ~1" of travel but ends up less once loaded. I can't stress enough the difference! It's cheap enough to try this before you go full on aftermarket and there's a great resell market if you don't like them. I lean to the point of dragging parts and I'm coming off sportbikes in the north Georgia mountains.....like Deals Gap (tail of the dragon), Cherohala Skyway, Blood Mountain and so on. I ride very hard but like compliance on the surface streets.

This gave me super 2-up capacity, smoothed out the impacts and great performance.....all for $175 delivered for the pair I bought from a fellow forum member. Your price will vary but certainly under $300 for a like new pair delivered!

Are aftermarket even better, would certainly think better than both MoCo STD and LOW shocks. Are MoCo STD better than LOW.....unequivocally better!

·
Registered
93 Posts
What works best for you overall depends on how much weight you are totaling out at. I am big, 6'7" and 285 pounds. I could not get good with the factory shocks in 12" or 13". I went to Ohlins and they are fantastic for my kind or riding. If you go back and fourth between solo and a passenger, the Ohlins are a bit of a pain to change. Other than that, it is a whole new world with 13" Ohlins on the back.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts