Road Glide banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been thinking about doing air ride and have been looking at legends and arnott air ride. Who has either and what do you think? Thanks

·
Registered
7,245 Posts
I don't have either one but I did the DIY Monroe set up you see on the forum. I think air ride in general is the bomb diggity so I don't think you can go wrong with whatever one you decide on

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't have either one but I did the DIY Monroe set up you see on the forum. I think air ride in general is the bomb diggity so I don't think you can go wrong with whatever one you decide on
I've seen the DIY system and a friend of mine told me about the corvette air ride system he put together

·
Registered
7,245 Posts
I've seen the DIY system and a friend of mine told me about the corvette air ride system he put together
Granted it's no $1k set up but it works really well considering. I needed new shocks any way and for the price of building the monroes, to me it was well worth it

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
1,775 Posts
I have Arnott Alduns. Doesn't include a gauge. I had problems with service when I first bought them but the shocks seem to be OK. Given what I went thru I would go with Legends.

·
Registered
972 Posts
I don't know if you had an air ride system before , but here are some things to consider.

I have a 2012 road glide custom which I just installed the arnott air ride system on (the pricier one/ 11.5 inch height).

I notice when I let the air all the way out there is a vibration sound coming from the rear left side while riding.

Also I cannot seem to get the suspension/sag set properly. 40lbs in the system seems to do well, with the adjusters turned to the softest setting. But when I sit on it while stationary it does not drop or sag the slightest. I am pretty light around 160lbs.

One concern I have is with the belt, it seems it is to loose at the ride heights (40lbs and lower) I like that

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have Arnott Alduns. Doesn't include a gauge. I had problems with service when I first bought them but the shocks seem to be OK. Given what I went thru I would go with Legends.
I saw that it doesn't come with a gauge and would probably go with a different switch but the legends system doesn't come with a gauge either. The legends system only comes in 13 inch as arnott comes in 12 or 13 inch.

·
Super Moderator
5,884 Posts
Frankie and I have the Arnott set up on two of our bikes. We both like them. No issues at all. I cant complain about the service. They took care of me big time recently. The distribution block cracked (our fault) and they pulled a guy off the main line to fab a piece up for me so I wouldn't miss the Memphis BBQ Meet & Greet. Overnighted it to me and away we went.
I cant give any comparison as for the ride difference between them & Legends, however.

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
I just installed the Legend Air Ride on my bike. A buddy turned me on to his take off shocks. He upgraded his shocks. So far I am pretty damn happy with the set up. I am still working on getting my ride dialed in, but not hard being able to adjust on the fly with the handle bar controls.
Now, that said, due to the interigation I got when I called Legend with a couple of questions, I think I would look harder at Arnott. This guy wanted to know where I got my shocks, as in what was the guys name. I don't know what his deal was, but he was a bit of an ass hat, and if I hadn't already had the Legend shocks, I think I would have gone somewhere else. I just went online and ordered what I needed for the install.
Sorry no camarison between the two, but I thought I would throw out my customer service experience, just as an FYI.
As far as Air Ride goes. WAY COOL. :D

Rowdy

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
I sell Arnott's for a great price if you guys are going that way. I have had had many air rides in my day. Never have tried the Arnott as most of the air rides I had were on my softail. Regardless, I am sure I have the best price on Arnott's.

Another option is the shotgun shock with adjustable rebound. Talk to JD about that.
http://www.shotgunshock.com/

I don't think he has the bagger air ride on his site yet but give him a call. He is a straight up dude all the way around.

PM me or call for Arnott pricing please.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Legend - Hands Down

As with everything, this is just my opinion. I own a professional aftermarket shop in South Carolina, and have installed dozens and dozens of Legend Air Ride Systems. Because of the quality, craftsmanship, and customer support, it is the only system I use. In addition to the ride quality, the caliber of product is second to none. I also love the fact that the kit is manufactured in the United States, with domestic materials, by American Craftsmen. Everything is made in Sturgis, South Dakota.
I have customers who have years and years, and thousands of miles logged on their Legend Systems' without incident. In the less than a handful of times we had a minor issue with something, the crew at Legend was always quick to respond, and take care of any and all situation. And let me qualify that by saying the percentage of issues with the kits is MINIMAL. Like I said, I've installed dozens and dozens of systems, and had almost zero issues.
I have had customers bring in other systems for me to install for them, and we have always had to modify, fab, or create something to make the system work. On the contrary, I have sold Legend kits to people nationwide via my website, and they install it themselves in their garage, following the included instructions.
Lastly, I have a 2000 Road Glide with over 139,000 miles on it, with over 100K of that rocking a Legend Air Ride System. Trouble Free.
Again, just my opinion, from my experience, but I hope it helps you with your decision of what kit to purchase.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
As with everything, this is just my opinion. I own a professional aftermarket shop in South Carolina, and have installed dozens and dozens of Legend Air Ride Systems. Because of the quality, craftsmanship, and customer support, it is the only system I use. In addition to the ride quality, the caliber of product is second to none. I also love the fact that the kit is manufactured in the United States, with domestic materials, by American Craftsmen. Everything is made in Sturgis, South Dakota.
I have customers who have years and years, and thousands of miles logged on their Legend Systems' without incident. In the less than a handful of times we had a minor issue with something, the crew at Legend was always quick to respond, and take care of any and all situation. And let me qualify that by saying the percentage of issues with the kits is MINIMAL. Like I said, I've installed dozens and dozens of systems, and had almost zero issues.
I have had customers bring in other systems for me to install for them, and we have always had to modify, fab, or create something to make the system work. On the contrary, I have sold Legend kits to people nationwide via my website, and they install it themselves in their garage, following the included instructions.
Lastly, I have a 2000 Road Glide with over 139,000 miles on it, with over 100K of that rocking a Legend Air Ride System. Trouble Free.
Again, just my opinion, from my experience, but I hope it helps you with your decision of what kit to purchase.
Thanks Dirty Bird. Everything I've read and other people I've talked to Legends is the way to go. Just have to decide which Legends system to go with. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi again,
If you're asking for my suggestion, go with the Aero FL Kit. Black part # 1311-0101, Chrome part #1311-0102.

Legend does make a kit without the compressor, (HVG), but same shock kit. It is less money, but you won't have that ability to raise and lower on the fly without the compressor.

The Areo A's are the same as the Aero FL's, but with an upgrade. For $200 over the price of the standard FL's, you can get the one with an external adjustment knob, for 6 positions of fine tuning of the rebound dampening.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I had the pleasure of working with Legend on an R&D project. They were great guys to work with and the system I got from them was kick ass. I have moved on to a RG Ultra and I will be going back to Legend as soon as the smoke clears from the Sturgis Rally.
ozzyn

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi again,
If you're asking for my suggestion, go with the Aero FL Kit. Black part # 1311-0101, Chrome part #1311-0102.

Legend does make a kit without the compressor, (HVG), but same shock kit. It is less money, but you won't have that ability to raise and lower on the fly without the compressor.

The Areo A's are the same as the Aero FL's, but with an upgrade. For $200 over the price of the standard FL's, you can get the one with an external adjustment knob, for 6 positions of fine tuning of the rebound dampening.

Hope this helps!
Are the Areo A's worth the extra $200 or will the Areo Fl's work just fine?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I went back & forth between the Legends and Arnott forever w/my EG. Shoulda' went w/Legends. At first install I a one shock not operate properly. Had uninstall, to pack everything pack up, and mail it. They did "rebuild" the shock, but still wasn't right.

·
Registered
17 Posts
If your looking for a good air ride without the $$$, check out Tri-County motor worx in Ventura, CA. I installed their air ride myself, the kit was about $500 with a military discount. They shipped quick to the house and I love it, have had no issues over the last 8 months or so.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Vendor
45 Posts
I don't know if you had an air ride system before , but here are some things to consider.

I have a 2012 road glide custom which I just installed the arnott air ride system on (the pricier one/ 11.5 inch height).

I notice when I let the air all the way out there is a vibration sound coming from the rear left side while riding.

Also I cannot seem to get the suspension/sag set properly. 40lbs in the system seems to do well, with the adjusters turned to the softest setting. But when I sit on it while stationary it does not drop or sag the slightest. I am pretty light around 160lbs.

One concern I have is with the belt, it seems it is to loose at the ride heights (40lbs and lower) I like that
If you have any issues with Arnott Air Suspension kits please contact tech support. All systems (old and new) now come with a Limited Lifetime Warranty in North America (Canada and USA). We have also switched from Aldan shocks to FOX brand dampers for our Ultimate Ride Series kits. They are 13" and they rock! For a less expensive kit - Arnott now has a Smooth Ride Series that retails for just $649.

Here is more info on both kits for Touring models: Air Suspension Kits

See them in action: Check us out:

·
Vendor
45 Posts
Arnott switched from Aldan dampers to Fox® Street Performance IFP shock dampers around 2015. The Fox shocks are paired with Goodyear air springs which are proteced with an aluminum can to protect the rubber. Arnott kits enable you to adjust the shocks through the stock shock's full range of travel (13" extended 9.7" aired out). This way your fender won't rub against the tire when deflated or tax the drive drive if fully aired up. Both the Fox shock kits (with rebound and without) and the $649 Smooth Ride Series kits come with a Lifetime Warranty (for as long as you own the bike).

https://www.arnottcycles.com/suspensions/mc-2906-2009-2019-touring-series-ultimate-ride-black-no-rebound

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts