Road Glide banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everyone knows I’m a Ohlins and Howard suspension guy , but Dukk told me he has arranged a plant tour at Legends for those attending Shark Week that want to take it. I’m not at SW this year but would love to hear impressions from those attending SW that take the tour. The new remote reservoir shocks they released and front cartridges look interesting. I’m not a air suspension guy at all but could see it for Fuzzy. Lower the bike down low enough he can get his leg over the bike, then raise it back up. Fuzz wouldn’t need the stool anymore to get on his bike.

·
Shark of the Month October 13
6,949 Posts
I've got nothin' ..........

Because you're not an air suspension guy, I'd be more than happy to give you my stool as soon as the installation is done. BobRG is too tall to need it, and most of the guys on here that I know are too young to need it .... so it's all yours gramps!

Now where did I leave the donuts?

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’ll take it Fuzz, even now at 60 I can use it. I’m 5’10” but only have a 28” inseam. Getting on is still easy, getting the leg back over when I’m tied is the problem. I didn’t mind the 28” inseam when I was young and wore 28X28 pants but now........ trust me no body makes a 42X28

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
Tour is scheduled for Tuesday at 2pm The group photo is schedule for 10am so that gives you lots of time to grab some grub and check out Legend Suspensions in the afternoon. Just in case anyone would like to switch out their suspension while there, they will have techs available to do that while you tour! How's that for service!! I personally will be looking at switching out for a new set of shocks on the rear of the newest member of my family. I was very happy with my last Legend Suspension and their customer service was second to none. I had a couple issues with the install from my dealer and they sent me 2 complete sets (front and rear) to exchange for the old ones, No questions asked! Special thanks to Belliston HD for the top quality install of the second set. That thing rode pretty sweet!

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I’ll take your word for it Dukk, like I’ve stated in the past you are the best Harley rider I’ve ever had the pleasure of riding with, your ability on 2 wheels is impressive!!!

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
I'll be there st 2pm!! I need some new shocks too...and a tour would be awesome too

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, look for Dukk he will fill you in, he is part of the Canadian group (Troy/Calgary Glide) SE knows Troy

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Thanks for setting up the tour!! What great folks at Legend Suspension, and damn did I spend some money. But the bike rides like it's on rails now.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What did you get

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
What did you get

Front suspension and the Revo-A gold on the back. Set up by the Legend techs. It truly is night and day. Today the wife will ride with me so we will see if she is happy, which is, of course, IS the most important;)

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Looks sweet, the wife is always the true test, rider sets between the wheels, passenger sets on top of rear wheel. There ride is totally different from our ride. The passenger always has a rougher ride. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I just heard from Dukk, several guys did fronts and rears yesterday and will post results later, thanks for sharing

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
I just heard from Dukk, several guys did fronts and rears yesterday and will post results later, thanks for sharing

Yeah I've been riding with Boricua, and he had done Ohlins on the back of his RGCVO and his wifes SGCVO. They did the fronts with the Legends just after I got mine done. The initial ride was good. His wife really likes the fronts now too. She says it is 3/4 inch lower which works great for her. They met with a Legends engineer to discuss the fronts. I never really noticed much of a difference.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts