Road Glide banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would love to hear from shark owners that are running legends suspension. I agree Ohlins may be the best but I am leaning towards best American made. I want to make America great again with my purchase decisions when I can.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
249 Posts
I had friends that ran legends and progressive.. they said progressive was better.

I don't know about the Ohlins though.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Been on Legend Suspension Revo A for about 3 weeks now. I am on a 16 RGU, the factory rear started leaking at 6.5k. I am not disappointed at all with these shocks. The riding and handling has been improved by leaps and bounds. No more butt puckering on big bumps. I can throw the bike in the curves more aggressively and it stays planted. And the ride is just more comfortable all round. I like being able to fine tune the shocks without needing any extra tools, goodbye air pump. One selling point with these were the lifetime guarantee. I can not say how they compare to other manufacturers or the pros and cons of each, but with my limited experience the Legend Suspension are a great American product with a great warranty.

Reactions: Khaotic

·
Registered
260 Posts
I like mine. The install is straight forward. Good adjustability. 7,000miles and no complaints. I have no experience with Progressive or Ohlins so I can't compare. I know yay I am not disappointed in the performance provided by the Legends on the front or rear (Revo-A on the rear).

Reactions: Khaotic

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
I got a set of Revos at Sturgis last year they knocked off $50 and put them on for free. I rode the 900+ miles home in one day and loved every mile of it. Others may be better but I can't believe they can be much better.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I have the legend axeo's in the front, SS in the rear. I am happy with both. The front no longer dives, soaks up big hits extremely well and rides like it is on rails. The only downside is they are a little harsh on small sharp bumps, but are always planted. The SS in the rear are equally good.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I've read that the 13 inchers "sit like 12s", thus, lowering the bike but retaining great feel. Have any of you had that experience? Lower is what I need without a rough ride.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I run Legends all around on my 15' CVO RGU. I rode 20K on the stock suspension before switching to Legend. I now have 20K on the Legend setup and I have to say the ride and handling characteristics are excellent. I will agree with MorningWood on his observation of the ride being a little harsh but well planted on small sharp bumps. That is my experience as well. Mountain riding is ridiculously fun. A bike this large shouldn’t be able to handle like it does.

I ran Progressive Monotubes on my 13' RGU and I thought you couldn’t get any better. I won’t make a direct comparison though since fork tube sizes and other factors changed between 2013 and 2015. My original plan was to install Progressives on my 15 but I think I made the right choice for me going with the Legend setup. The bike is comfortable, solid, and quite a bit more capable than stock. I would do it again without hesitation.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I had progressive on rear and although better than stock I bottomed out a lot. I did the DIY Monroe shocks and all I can say is Ughh. 500 miles and I took them off. I have Legends on the rear and I absolutely love them. Pressure gauge in dash, handlebar mount switch and I set it how I want on the fly. Nice!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts