Road Glide banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ordered the Legends Revo A 12 inch shocks for my 2020 limited, question is: my dealer has an Axeo standard in stock and I can get it for 20% off list, or, I can order the Axeo Lo for 10% off. I have already told them to install the standard Axeo, so will it screw the set up up to go with 12 inch Revo A's? BTW, I'm 5'9" 200 lbs, mainly ride solo

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
I personally would stick with a 13" shock, more cushion for the pushin. Or something to that effect!

·
Registered
107 Posts
I purchased my RGU w/ 3000 miles on it and the PO had installed 12 inch Revos and I love them. If I had ordered them I would have gone for 13's I am glad I have the 12's.. I go 250 LBS and the wife is 140 ish ( You Know we dont ask). I set the sag and run them on #3 when 2 up and on 1 when solo. They are amazingly smooth and never had bottomed out. The wife even commented on how much nicer this bike rides over my previous bike (12 Ultra). She used to brace for impact when she saw a bump coming now she doesn't even pay attention.,

Reactions: Scottslimited

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will get back with y'all next week when I get my bike back. Went with standard length Axeo fronts, 12 inch standard weight rear Revo As.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I will get back with y'all next week when I get my bike back. Went with standard length Axeo fronts, 12 inch standard weight rear Revo As.
Set the sag and start on #3 if it is to stiff try #2. I had it on 3 with the wife on and forgot to change it back. Damn it was a completely different bike with just 2 clicks.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Yes I have 12" Supershox in the rear rides great and yes the legends standard size did lower my bike by approx3/4 "bike looks less lifted in the front and feels planted and more stable in sweeping corners ...more real road testing to be done

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
828 Posts
I’m going to be putting legends on the front. I already have 12” revo a’s on rear. What was your experience after doing the fronts?

·
Registered
528 Posts
Oh by the way - (Legends standard height lowers the front 0.75")
I ordered a lowered kick stand ( jiffy stand ) to get the lean back -
as bike stood upright after AXEO front suspension install ( due to 0.75" lower )

DRAG SPECIALTIES
Black High-Strength Steel Kickstand (-1") - 0510-0398

• Part #:
  • Mfg Part #:
    0510-0398

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just a follow up on the Legends, I went with the standard Axeo's, it has really helped with the front end 'diving'. I'm not sure that I have the Revo A's dialed in yet. Went on a 1,000 mile ride last week through the southeast and it was much stiffer than I am used to. Guess I need to adjust them from a 3 to a 2 to soften the ride. Would I do it again? Definitely the Axeo's. at this point, the jury is still out on the Revo A's. I am sure that I will get a lot of haters saying I should have went with a brand they are running, but it is what it is.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Just a follow up on the Legends, I went with the standard Axeo's, it has really helped with the front end 'diving'. I'm not sure that I have the Revo A's dialed in yet. Went on a 1,000 mile ride last week through the southeast and it was much stiffer than I am used to. Guess I need to adjust them from a 3 to a 2 to soften the ride. Would I do it again? Definitely the Axeo's. at this point, the jury is still out on the Revo A's. I am sure that I will get a lot of haters saying I should have went with a brand they are running, but it is what it is.
Set the sag and start with #1 if it is to soft go to #2. I love them and the wife does too! I set the on #3 when riding two up. I hope you get them dialed in.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok, the Legends Revo-As are installed on the rear as well as the Axeo fronts. Now between 35 and 50 MPH it is almost like the front end of the bike is 'bouncing'. I can't run in that speed range long because it drives me crazy. My local HD dealer that did the install says there is no reason that the suspension would cause this. It is a 2020 Limited that currently has approximately 3800 miles. I had the Legends installed around 2300 miles. Has anyone else had anything like this happen to them? I guess I would describe the feeling as a wheel out of balance... BAD!

·
Registered
107 Posts
I would contact them directly. Sounds like your installer is in over their head.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts