Road Glide banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening. I've been reading everything I can on rear shocks as I can't stand the OEM air shocks on my 15 RG. The one thing I can't pin down is stock length. I see a lot of everything from 11.5-13 so if anyone has a chart or something I can go by that would be helpful. Just a Road Glide and I would prefer it be taller not lower.
thanks
John

·
Registered
370 Posts
Based on my reading on the topic (also shopping for new shocks), the OEM shock for a Road Glide Ultra is 13" and the OEM stock for a Road Glide Special is 12".

·
Registered
8,852 Posts
Based on my reading on the topic (also shopping for new shocks), the OEM shock for a Road Glide Ultra is 13" and the OEM stock for a Road Glide Special is 12".
What he said ^^^^ 12" on the Custom also.

·
Registered
260 Posts
RoadTrip and Big Gary are spot on.

If you were interested in a like new set of factory rear shocks from a 2016 RoadGlide Special I can make you a good deal (less than 1,000 miles). I could also make you a good deal on a set of like new, gently used Legend Revo-A shocks. Both are standard height for the Special though (12” length).

Like you, I wanted a little longer shock. I am a tall rider and in the process of converting my Special to my version of an Ultra. Bought a pair of longer 13” shocks.

Shoot me a PM if you are interested.

-c

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
pulled the trigger on 14" Supershox

After countless hours of reading and looking I pulled the trigger on 14" Supershox. So far Brian and staff have been wonderful to work with.

Reactions: Nails

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Keep us updated on how you like the Supershox compared to what you have now! That is definitely one I have been considering.

Reactions: WSL91

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
So they are on. They have the rear bracket extender. There is snow on the ground and roads so not riding today. I had to add photos as an album, couldn't get the individual photos to work in the link so here is the album.
in the 4th photo, it looks like that locknut is only on by a few threads. is that correct?
please let us know how you like the 14 inchers. been keeping my eye on those, too.

·
Registered
8,852 Posts
in the 4th photo, it looks like that locknut is only on by a few threads. is that correct?
please let us know how you like the 14 inchers. been keeping my eye on those, too.
What he said ^^^^^

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Yes please tighten up that bottom left nut.

·
Registered
59 Posts
After countless hours of reading and looking I pulled the trigger on 14" Supershox. So far Brian and staff have been wonderful to work with.
That's what I did :) and yes Brian and staff were great to deal with.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
they weren't tightened down when I took the photos, good catch

1 - 13 of 13 Posts