Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a chance to buy Lepera solo seat with back rest. currently running stock seat off FLTRX. Can anyone make a comparison, Lepera is Up/down, forward/back, good for all day or short trips?
Thanks.

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Can't give specifics on that particular seat but in my experience with Lepera ( I've had 5 different on 3 different bikes ), they have all moved me down and back some. Call Lepera and they will tell you exactly though. As far as comfort goes, I think Lepera is one of the best choices on the market. I've personally owned seats from Danny Gray, C&C seats, Corbin and Mustang, and prefer the Lepera over all of them. I've done numerous 700-1000+ mile days on them, sometimes 4-5 days in a row. They're very good seats in MY opinion. that's my 2 cents worth.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I was getting hot spots within thirty minutes on the stock seat, so, I purchased a Le Pera Maverick Smooth seat from Revzilla for $415.00. When I received the seat I wasn't in awe of its construction or beauty. My first thought was, eh, it's a seat. With that said, I have around 300 miles on it now and have yet to get any hot spots. In comparison to the stock seat it seems to be softer. I expected it to be firm. Not so. Some say that with this seat the back rest really isn't needed. In my case, I would like to have the back rest, however, I didn't want to pay $600.00 for the integrated back rest. It's still comfortable. I didn't feel too much difference in my position with regards to the handlebars and foot placement. It is narrower than stock, as you'll notice on the pictures. I haven't had my wife on back yet. She wanted to be up a little higher so she could see over my head. I'm six feet tall with a 32 inch inseam, if that helps. The seat has grown on me and I do like the way it looks. With the H-D passenger back rest on, it looks like a good match. You be the judge. Look at my photo album for pictures of the Maverick at:

http://www.roadglide.org/album.php?u=11149

·
Registered
112 Posts
I was getting hot spots within thirty minutes on the stock seat, so, I purchased a Le Pera Maverick Smooth seat from Revzilla for $415.00. When I received the seat I wasn't in awe of its construction or beauty. My first thought was, eh, it's a seat. With that said, I have around 300 miles on it now and have yet to get any hot spots. In comparison to the stock seat it seems to be softer. I expected it to be firm. Not so. Some say that with this seat the back rest really isn't needed. In my case, I would like to have the back rest, however, I didn't want to pay $600.00 for the integrated back rest. It's still comfortable. I didn't feel too much difference in my position with regards to the handlebars and foot placement. It is narrower than stock, as you'll notice on the pictures. I haven't had my wife on back yet. She wanted to be up a little higher so she could see over my head. I'm six feet tall with a 32 inch inseam, if that helps. The seat has grown on me and I do like the way it looks. With the H-D passenger back rest on, it looks like a good match. You be the judge. Look at my photo album for pictures of the Maverick at:

Road Glide Forums - 2bazookas's Albums
The above quote was on rides less than an hour. The following is a post I made at the following link http://www.roadglide.org/22-seating-seats-backrests/219777-le-pera-maverick-seat-review-long-detailed.html, regarding the Le Pera Maverick as seen from Methos1979 perspective and after 2000 miles and one 300 mile ride with my wife.

For what it's worth my story regarding comfort is just the opposite. I agree that the craftsmanship is good and I like the looks. However, I took my wife on a 300 mile trip last week. We stopped after 100 miles and got off because we were starting to cramp and hot spots were biting us pretty bad. We rode on to a friends house, 30 miles away, and got off again for about 30 minutes. We jumped back on and drove for 35 miles to eat lunch and when we got off we were hating the seat. After lunch my wife said she'd almost rather stay at her friends house and drive back to our house later in her friends car.

We reluctantly got on the bike and pressed on. By the time we got home we were both in pain and agreed that this seat was by far the most uncomfortable seat we'd ever ridden on. In fact, my wife's first comments after she removed her helmet was, "You can sell my helmet and coat, because I am never going to ride on that bike again!"

I'm so disappointed with this product. I was told it was a hard seat, but I was expecting hard like my Corbin, which was like a saddle for a horse. I consider this seat soft. Oh well, live and learn. Really though, until one actually gets to touch it, sit on it and ride on it, it doesn't matter what other people say about a seat, cuz eveyone's butt is a little different.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I bought an outcast and my first ride was about 100 miles. When I got home the seat almost went in the trash. The seat was not cheap and I disided to give it a nother try.That was about 1000 miles ago including a 300 hundred mile trip. I now love the seat and feel I could ride all day on it.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Lapera DDLL has been great. back 2, maybe down 1. Gone 500 in a day

·
Registered
230 Posts
^^^^^^It is the La Pera Maverick Daddy Long Legs and designed for longer leg riders
Have 34 inseam and used to have skinny tank chopper
Nice to back and away and the seat is pretty comfortable
It is 2 up, but wife likes it so that is what matters
I regularly ride 200-300 no issue, some 400-500 and really no issues

1 - 9 of 9 Posts