Road Glide banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just a couple notes for anyone thinking about installing speakers and amp for your first time. I admit it took a better part of a week, but throw in the Fourth of July and a long 4 day weekend I probably have 20 hours of time on this.
Lesson one ,when installing the speakers and especially an amp you might have a tendency to "play" your setup, as you reach different stages of the install ,you should keep a tender on your battery. I had everything ready. to put the fairing back on and decided to check to make sure everything still worked.Turned the switch on and nothing but sound from the rear speakers,after triple checking every connection and found nothing, took everything back apart and reinstalled,after.. just for the hell of it, thought I would checked my HID lights... now they didn't work.After a visit from the guy who installed my HID's for me he suggested my battery may be low , I put on the tender and a while later I had lights and the reinstalled speakers and amp were jamming again.Obviously there was not enough battery power left to power the amp and ballast for the HID's,approximately 8 hours wasted reinstalling and troubleshooting.
Lesson 2 on a lighter note when reinstalling your console back on top of your tank and can't figure out why it won't lay down no matter how hard you push down on it ,you probably have the gas lid on take it it off and your console while slip right on.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts