Diablo big bore kits
New Dragula 2 exhaust
And up to my 124" crate motor we build.
So stay tuned next week the fun begins.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
This sounds like a lot of fun for ya Frank. Definitely looking forward to your mods.

Rowdy

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
First modes back rest

Well Here is the first Mods I did so far.
Added a back rest.
This great how the HD did this not like the old bike nice and clean and easy.
I know this is not a motor upgrade but I wanted people to see this option from HD.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
I think I know what ur sayn. It is very clean and simple. Now, ya got plenty of time today to hook up a couple Hawg Wired Amps and about 1/2 dozen speakers, rite?

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Will be showing pics of that also once they send one down to me from Hawg Wired.

I think I know what ur sayn. It is very clean and simple. Now, ya got plenty of time today to hook up a couple Hawg Wired Amps and about 1/2 dozen speakers, rite?

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Well we did some dyno pulls yesterday. With all kinds of testing on heat with stock head pipe..

The bike has no tuner on it and Stock air cleaner, Stock head pipe with cat in it still.

We ran our street legal Dragula 4" mufflers on it and 1 set of Crusher mufflers we did at very end.

All Dyno pulls were done at 4th gear SAE at normal engine temps around 244 / 258Der.

1st pulls was Draugula mufflers 64.75mm/2.55 baffle
2nd pull was Dragula mufflers 58.45mm /2.3 baffle
3rd pull was Dragula Mufflers 77.50 mm/3.05 baffle
4th pull was Crusher mufflers from Kuryakyn Thanks George for letting me use them for testing.

The point of all this was to see which one would work best in performance with stock ecm and stock air cleaner and lower the heat on stock cat-convertor.
We found almost noting different with cat in head pipe. Just the sound was louder with 3.05 baffle at Idle 98 DB at wide open 120DB
But for power wise there almost the same.
With converter in head pipe we were seeing temps at 800/929 deg easy on cat.
What a good way to smoke a set of new mufflers. Once the heat would transfer over to muffler at collector part we seen 547/650 deg easy. The more we ran them at highway speed the hotter the mufflers got around 800 deg just to break the chrome down very fast.
The dyno sheets are posted for all to see.
My personal believe does not matter which mufflers you use with stock set up with cat you are not going to make big gains.

Now we are testing to see how to remove heat away from cat and mufflers. So this does not happen for those that want to use stock head pipe with after market mufflers. Stay tuned for my findings.:D

Attachments

·
Registered
815 Posts
Sub'd

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well bike is on the lift today we will take it all apart and build 124" motor
Man I have to be dumb 180miles on a new 103 and will tear it out to build a nice monster motor. Stay tuned will take pics of tear down....

Any one want to buy a new 103" stock?:D

Attachments

·
Registered
325 Posts
Well bike is on the lift today we will take it all apart and build 124" motor
Man I have to be dumb 180miles on a new 103 and will tear it out to build a nice monster motor. Stay tuned will take pics of tear down....

Any one want to buy a new 103" stock?:D
WIBob on HTT was looking for a low mileage 103 FWIW

1 - 17 of 17 Posts