Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who's got the lowdown on RCA cables, what's the best or better ones to be using on a scooter? Just finished installing the Sony 5000 radio into the Glide and to cap things off I will finish up the job with a little inner fairing housekeeping. The rca's that came with my BT2180 amp broke long ago from vibration so I replaced them with some old school Monster Cable rca's I had laying around that are too long so it's replacement time. Btw, if you are on the fence about changing out your boom box system this Sony may very well be the cat's ass for a replacement.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
I like KnuKonceptz products. Used them on many projects, cars and the bike.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
I'm going to look them up right now. Any specific reason or is it just what you have come to know works with good results?
I found them on one of the car audio forums years ago and have used them since. You can find their some stuff on Ebay and Amazon.

·
Registered
6,594 Posts
I bought the Stinger 4000 Series RCA Cables to Upgrade my Audio System.
They got a lot of good reviews and are reasonably priced.
I got them from Amazon.
Mike U.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Have heard good things about knukonceptz but haven't used them personally, they are popular on the other forum as well.

I've been using the Stinger 4000 for myself and friends installs for quite awhile. Very convenient 18" length, quality cable but very thin and flexible for easy routing, ends grab like a bear and have never had one vibrate loose. Switched to them when the stock BT cables vibrated loose a couple of times, I believe BT is now providing them with their amps as well. Easy to find on amazon and pretty cheap for the quality/convenience. Stinger also makes 6000 and 8000 series but much more expensive and the 8000 are way too stiff for routing around a fairing.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
I like KnuKonceptz products. Used them on many projects, cars and the bike.
This is what I used on my bike. Really nice cables and connectors. I have their speaker wire also.Stinger for the Y's, also very nice

·
Registered
454 Posts
Have heard good things about knukonceptz but haven't used them personally, they are popular on the other forum as well.

I've been using the Stinger 4000 for myself and friends installs for quite awhile. Very convenient 18" length, quality cable but very thin and flexible for easy routing, ends grab like a bear and have never had one vibrate loose. Switched to them when the stock BT cables vibrated loose a couple of times, I believe BT is now providing them with their amps as well. Easy to find on amazon and pretty cheap for the quality/convenience. Stinger also makes 6000 and 8000 series but much more expensive and the 8000 are way too stiff for routing around a fairing.

Thinking of getting the 4000 for all 4 amps putting 2 amps 1 in each saddle bag 2 in fairing and 2 DSR1’s so been researching the 4000. Need 8, 17’ ones for saddle bags. And short ones for fairing.

Before ask

DSR1 1 will run the upper 6.5” / dome speakers
DSR1 2 will run the lower 8” / horn speakers

93D542A7-AE3A-4BE0-B3E0-FCC2B48D9F11_1551639929296.jpeg

6BD6B22F-7CB5-42A9-A76A-A8DBFD4B8315_1551639940315.jpeg

6EE34EF8-2A02-4C0F-95AF-77F187447188_1551639952089.jpeg

Whatcha think? Woofers run by BIketronics BT4180 and Tweeters / Horns run by Cerwin Vega B54.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts