Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've selected the components for my front speaker upgrade. Before I pull the trigger, I wanted to see what everyone's experiences were with lid speakers.
1. Can it be done without significantly reducing storage in the saddlebags. I've started doing longer rides (camping/Sturgis/Laconia this year) so storage is critical
2. Has anyone had problems with the speakers leaking? If so, was the installation completed by Harley, you or your local shop
3. If you had aftermarket lids put on, how was the color match?
Any information would be greatly appreciated!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
So I've selected the components for my front speaker upgrade. Before I pull the trigger, I wanted to see what everyone's experiences were with lid speakers.
1. Can it be done without significantly reducing storage in the saddlebags. I've started doing longer rides (camping/Sturgis/Laconia this year) so storage is critical
2. Has anyone had problems with the speakers leaking? If so, was the installation completed by Harley, you or your local shop
3. If you had aftermarket lids put on, how was the color match?
Any information would be greatly appreciated!!
Went after market. Used factory fairing lids and had them painted to match. Also did double 6x9s. As far as room still have room in my bags for whatever I want to carry. Haven't figured out the water issue yet. One side tends to leak more than the other. I went with RF. They sound amazing at 80 mph. At the time of this post I have an 8 speaker system and am looking to add 2 8s in my bags as well. Best of luck.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
143 Posts
I went with the hog tunes lids from the factory match, paint was dead on. I've rode in plenty of rain storms and haven't had any leaks into the bags. The biggest thing is watch out for what speaker you install in the lids, if they have a huge magnet it will drag on the top rail of the bag when opened.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts