Road Glide banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Bought Charger on Ebay for $5.75 CAD ~ $4.50 USD
Drilled a 1-1/8 hole from front of inner fairing, near top front of glove compartment, towards center of bike, using a flat wood drill bit.
Maybe stay a little extra from the top left corner, it can get tight on the inside.
Connected to gauge lights for power.
Real handy.

Attachments

·
Registered
65 Posts
I installed a similar item, purchased from Amazon.

Did this to my 2016 FLHXS as well, and it was easier on that than my 2019 FLTRXS
I actually opened up the hole where the stock 12v plug is (wouldnt recommend for others), problem is that area has very limited clearance, and had to use a hose clamp before the jam nut just so it would tighten down because of the limited clearance, but the USB is way more useful that the cig lighter outlet for me.

The bonus is it has a Volt gauge in between the two USB ports and it uses the factory wiring for the outlet.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Going to do this upgrade as well, easy for me to charge my iPod as I ride, all the wires nicely tucked in except for my output wire, I guess you can piggyback it off the power outlet as well.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you're running a mini stereo cable to the radio, there's a "how to" modify the radio to a rear jack, somewhere.

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Got mine yesterday putting on in my glovebox, using the lighter port wiring that way it's fused, and I don't use the cig lighter anyways, maybe I can find a plug and remove it all together.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Is the lighter plug hot all the time or only hot with the ignition on?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Only with the ignition on, so when you shut the bike off no power to the power port.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Thank you!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Installed Double USB Charger in the Left Glove Box of "The Short Bus" a few years back,,, installed a switch next to the Charger for either power with key on or constant power without key on, allowing charging while the Bike is Locked,,, One of my favorite mods.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
"ThankYou
ThankYou Very Much"

I also connected another of these chargers to a flat 2 prong, plug it into the vest heater plug, run the charger wires into the saddlebag, the lid still closes. This has power all the time. Can charge tablets, etc. Will post a picture later.

·
Registered
76 Posts
This is a great idea. i'm going to buy one from amazon and wire it up for my next long trip.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts