Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm installing a King tour pak off a 2015 ultra limited on my RG for a trip. I'd like to get the run and brake lights on the back of the tour pak to work on my 2018 Road Glide. Not worried about the speakers or communications as it will come back off after the trip.
Any ideas what I need to do this? It would be nice to have the extra lights. It used be the Road glide had a cable coiled up under 1 of the side covers to wire up the tour pak but I'm not sure about the new Glides.
I also wonder if the antenna from the Road Glide can be plugged into the tour pak to get the antenna up high to get better reception. I tried doing a search but came up with nothing. Thanks, Rick

·
Registered
752 Posts
NAMZ makes the harness for the lights. Split the break module under the seat on left hand side and it plugs right in. My tour pak didn’t come with lights so I had to add them. The H-D harness for the tour pak includes both antenna connections. You should be able to reroute the stock radio antenna from down by the saddlebag to up by the tour pak and replace when your pak is off. I rarely listen to FM so just added the hidden antenna.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies. I called custom dynamics and spoke to a tech that said that harness will work to connect my tour pak to the bike. Its good to know about the antenna. I'm gonna order the cable and try it out. It will be nice to get the lites working when its on the bike.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Tourpak wiring

If you check one of my early posts there is a complete list with part numbers for everything to add a tourpak and lights to a RGSpecial or SGSpecial. I got the manual at the dealer when I bought my bike and ordered everything because those idiots didn't know how to find the parts. You can't fix stupid. Anyway, one of my early posts has it all. If you don't find it, let me know and I will send the list to you thru regular email.

Nick

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you check one of my early posts there is a complete list with part numbers for everything to add a tourpak and lights to a RGSpecial or SGSpecial. I got the manual at the dealer when I bought my bike and ordered everything because those idiots didn't know how to find the parts. You can't fix stupid. Anyway, one of my early posts has it all. If you don't find it, let me know and I will send the list to you thru regular email.
Nick
Thanks for the offer I just ordered the wiring harness thru custom dynamics. I'll see how it works and report back.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Just updating the thread. I installed the Custom Dynamincs wiring harness adapter. worked like a charm. All the lites work on the ultra tour-pak. The 12v outlet inside the Tour-Pak even works. As for the antenna there is a fakra plug under the seat you just need a extension. On the extension I bought the male part plugged in fine but the female part would not let the male fakra on the bike plug in completely. I had to use electrical tape to secure the connection but the reception is better with the antenna moved up on the Tour-Pak.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts