Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok question is if I am running my stock HU on my 2013 RGU do I need line levelers or are they for the 2014 and newer bikes?

I am running straight to the amp and things sound ok. But just double checking myself since I read on here and others about using them.

If I remember right I don't but that's why I am asking :smile:

Yes, I know change the HU to an aftermarket. It may happen just like the headset for the long trip with the wife.

And I gain bluetooth with an aftermarket radio and they make bluetooth headsets but a phone only gonna connect to one or the other so ya gotta pick.

Thanks for the replies

Drifter

·
Super Moderator
12,331 Posts
I had to use it on my 16 and 17, but on the 10 I didn’t. I eventually went to one on the 10 when I changed the HU, then I bought one off eBay for around $10, works perfect. I was told the same one wouldn’t work on the newer bikes........

·
Registered
753 Posts
Line levelers are only used on 14+ bikes. Depending an the aftermarket HU and amp combo, some 13 and down bikes may use a line out converter. The converter and leveler are not typically interchangeable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
408 Posts
On my 13 my first audio upgrade was a RF pbr300 amp and Hertz speakers...no line leveler.
A couple months later I added the Aquatic AQ-MP-5UBT-H head unit...great upgrade btw...still no line leveler.
On my 17 my first upgrade is Diamond amp and DD speakers...they recommended a line leveler so had one installed.
Hope this helps

·
Registered
852 Posts
The BT 355 line leveler is for 2014 and newer HD's.

The 2013 and earlier HD's DO NOT require a BT 355 Line Leveler.

If your new Amp for your 2013 and earlier does not have a Hi Level Input (signal from the Factory speaker wires to the amp) Then a inexpensive line out converter can be used to convert the signal from the speakers to a low level signal input.

·
Registered
684 Posts
The BT 355 line leveler is for 2014 and newer HD's.

The 2013 and earlier HD's DO NOT require a BT 355 Line Leveler.

If your new Amp for your 2013 and earlier does not have a Hi Level Input (signal from the Factory speaker wires to the amp) Then a inexpensive line out converter can be used to convert the signal from the speakers to a low level signal input.

@sloride hey brother, nice to see you are still with the living.

Hope the silly season isnt geting too silly for you.

Mike

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replies everyone.

That was what I was thinking no need for the 13 and down bikes.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Drifter

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
For what its worth, the folks at Soundz, highly regarded audio shop recommends against a line leveler, instead they recommend flashing the unit to flatten the EQ curve. I'm not an expert, nor have I even slept at a Holiday Inn, but just passing this along.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts