Road Glide banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First long ride of year on my new RG. Great trip for all 570 mi. The mods I've done over winter proved out good. Performance, handling, comfort and gas mileage (46 mpg) were improved, thanks to this forum and the good people here that provided input. The trip was with friends on bikes to the Grand Canyon of Pa. Nice 2 lane roads of twisties around that area.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
There's a lot of greenery in those pics. Looks like a good area to ride. Thanks for sharing the pics

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Glad to hear your trip went well. Nothing like a plan coming together, right? I try to get out that way every couple of years- really nice roads and lots of neat places to stop.

·
Registered
241 Posts
That place is pretty neat. Rode up there from SC last year. For those who camp there's a state park campground outside of Galeton that's clean with hot water bathhouses and a lake. Larry's HD is close by. A short ride from there is Kinzua Viaduct, a blown down train trestle with half the span still standing. You can walk out to the end and see the fallen half across the valley. Looks like a rusty old King Kong size erector set laying down there.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,970 Posts
Damn! Where is this? We just got back from York yesterday. Took route 30 most of the way there and part of it on the way back. We ran into a couple of bikes from Idaho that was asking about it and I didn't even realize it existed? Looks like another place to check out during our next trip.

·
Administrator
2,681 Posts
Damn! Where is this? We just got back from York yesterday. Took route 30 most of the way there and part of it on the way back. We ran into a couple of bikes from Idaho that was asking about it and I didn't even realize it existed? Looks like another place to check out during our next trip.
sounds like a good road trip :) let me know if / when you go!

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Northern PA close to NY line. Beautiful area to visit. I usually take a day trip when I'm in PA.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
440 Posts
It's all part of the Route 6 ride across PA.
Plenty of good roads, small communities and a few state parks.
Don't miss the town of Wellsboro, right on Route 6, shops and food with a small town atmosphere. The canyon is close to Wellsboro.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
It's all part of the Route 6 ride across PA.
Plenty of good roads, small communities and a few state parks.
Don't miss the town of Wellsboro, right on Route 6, shops and food with a small town atmosphere. The canyon is close to Wellsboro.
there is a great bar in Wellsboro too! its a very pretty area

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Rt 6 at Galeton, Pa. just west of the Canyon. Ox Yoke Motel with restaurant and bar. Owned and operated by a Harley rider.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts